dealership bad install

Status
Not open for further replies.
My girlfriends car need some maintenance since she is the typical run it till a light comes on kinda person I found that the dealership installed the air filter wrong and was suckling in unfiltered air past the filter this goes in a 2006 mazda 3 2.0 I replaced it with a napa 2612 filter but they both don't fit really snug anyone else have problems with this series filter

20150510_125537_zpsonj8gvhf.jpg

why didn't you take it back and kindly ask for a new one?

then show them what the oil filter had to catch, and show then the back of your hand....?

Last edited:
Install a flat panel air filter correctly may take an extra 30-60 seconds, but some technician at some dealers(and independent garages) didn't want to spend those extra seconds to do it right.

Something as easy like this I like to do it myself to make sure that it is done right.

Some cars are a real pain to lift up the cover and install those things. The area can be real tight for one's hands.

Not an excuse for a lousy install however.

Last edited:
Why not confront the dealership and discuss why they can't put an air filter in correctly? By doing nothing you are enabling bad workmanship and it will continue or get worse. Ed

It's not my car and they are those kinda people that just don't know any better I told them how potentially bad it could be but I doubt they understand my gf is completely retarded when it comes to maintenance

My girlfriend has the same car with the same engine. I put a wix in there and it fit like a glove
If you want you could put a little grease around the mating surface to help it seal better.

She is relatively new lol she never drove her car to my house till now and I definitely was disappointed when I started looking under the hood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back