Diesel delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
My emissions garbage fell off of everything I own. Nobody who matters cares, and I don't have to worry about having to service or replace that trash. Furthermore, I don't have to worry about it damaging my engine either. My vehicles didn't drive this well when they were new, and I've been able to double the OCI'S on my Ram.

That stuff will not be missed.

Originally Posted By: Cujet
Originally Posted By: MNgopher

In plain language, the excerpt states it is illegal to tamper with the emissions components of a vehicle required to meet federal emissions requirements.

42 U.S.C. 7522(a)(3)(A) states the following:

§ 7522. Prohibited acts
(a) Enumerated prohibitions
The following acts and the causing thereof are
prohibited—

(skipped a section here for clarity).

(3)(A) for any person to remove or render inoperative
,,, prior to its sale and delivery
to the ultimate purchaser
, or to remove or render inoperative device or element of designafter such sale and delivery to the ultimate purchaser; or
(B) for any person to manufacture or sell, or
offer to sell, or install
, any part or component

READ CAREFULLY!

Federal law does not regulate the end user. It regulates COMMERCE involved in the alteration.

It really is your state that will use the federally mandated standards as the basis for state law. Again, a distinction.

If you violate the law, you will be charged by the state, not the federal government.

And if your truck fails inspection because you've deleted particular federally mandated (not state mandated) emissions equipment you've got yourself a very expensive lawn ornament. It is illegal to delete in every state without exception, the only difference is whether or not you live in a county that requires emissions testing to retain current registration tags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back