If you had to choose between these two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: car51
So if you had to choose between a Driveworks or Motorcraft filter which would you pick?

Whichever was less expensive.

The only filter I had fail on me was a Motorcraft. That was after 20+ years of using Motorcraft oil filters even on non Ford cars. Even with that one failure, I would still choose Motorcraft over Driveworks. I do not trust Chinese filters. Chances are it'll be fine, but quality control is not up to the Americas.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
MC is a good brand if you can get over the tearing.

Yeah what's a little tearing gonna hurt?
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
MC is a good brand if you can get over the tearing.

Yeah what's a little tearing gonna hurt?
grin2.gif

Yeah, a torn Purolator would basically be the same efficiency as a WIX XP. LoL ...
laugh.gif
grin.gif

Hands down Motorcraft. When I had my 2002 Ford F350 7.3 Diesel, it used the Motorcraft #1995, which was sold at WM for $10 dollars. It was a very large oil filter , heavy and well made. With the 7.3 engine (Made for Ford by International) had a high pressure oil pump that pressurized the oil for the injectors so the engine would run. This was a filter that was made to handle the oil pressure that was generated by this engine's high pressure oil pump. The 7.3 held 15 quarts of diesel rated oil,this filter was made to handle the demands while filtering this much oil.

Last edited:
Motorcraft
Yes they are made by Purolator but to Ford specs.
I don't think there is a better filter for under 4 bucks.

i agree that Motorcraft filters for under $4.00 are a good deal. I did not like the way the threads looked on the Motorcraft 820-s for a while they looked skimpy and not nearly as nice as any of the frams. I figure that the Motorcraft filters have to be good if Ford uses them for 10,000 miles in some cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back