Harley Oil Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SJohnson
Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
Champion Labs and FRAM are now "Fram Group". (AKA UCI - Fram Grp, AKA Fram Filtration)

Having cut open both SP5 and Ultras, I don't find them particularly similar.

I'm not knocking either filter. I like them both.

Yes, but they are still part of the Rank Group.

http://rankgroup.co.nz

I know, but Jay works for Fram group. (see his signature). When he says "We make" or "Fram makes" it could be a Champion filter and still be "Fram". The SP5 is pretty obviously a Champion Labs filter, which is also a Fram Group filter.

Originally Posted By: SJohnson
I know the Ultra has two layers. Did you notice if the HD filter did also? Also, did you notice if the wire mesh was stainless? I read somewhere that the Ultra mesh is.

Thanks.

The SP5 has at least two layers if you count the gauzy part I mentioned.

Next time I cut them open I'll see what I can tell about the mesh, assuming Jay doesn't answer before then.

True....depends on what he means when he says "we"

Since you brought up ConAgra, I will throw you another comparison.

GMC and Chevrolet both make pickups. The GMC Sierra and the Chevy Silverado lines are more alike than they are different, yet they are two different brands under the umbrella of General Motors.

Someone who works at a GMC dealership may talk about how "we", as in General Motors, makes Chevys.

Same goes with various Ford and Lincoln examples.

When Fram and Champion were brought under the umbrella of the Rank Group around 4 years ago there was talk from various posters that Champ labs would have increasing influence in Fram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back