Nissan Steering Wheel Controls ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
07 Maxima in my sig. The left control (volume up and down) lever works every now and thn but usually doesn't work. I thought it was the control board in the unit so I replaced it. Replacement is a left side and right side (cruise control) meeting in the middle where it connects to a connector in the steering column. Wasn't the problem.

THis is the same unit used for years....it is even in my wife's 10 Armada. Maybe someone can help me. What should I be looking at as the culprit?

Thanks.

Had a similar issue in my 01 Infiniti. I thought that the steering wheel control was just a simple button that completed a circuit. So I thought it just needed some basic maintenance. No... It still was a button that I could clean, but it also was attached to a PCB.

I put it back and it worked the same. Button works 60% of the time, until I needed to replace the radio. It's been working perfectly ever since.

[censored]! I'll have to check the clockspring. I hope thats it.

Usually a failed clockspring sets off an airbag warning light, but as always, vehicle self-diagnostic systems aren't perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back