Steering wheel radio station change push button wearing out.

irv

Not sure if this is the right section but here goes anyways.

2013 Ram 1500 QC hemi Bighorn.
On the backside of my steering wheel, it has the push buttons for changing the radio channels, volume up and down etc.
The button that I mostly use is the small domed push button on the back of the left side that is currently causing me grief.
It will still work but I need to push hard and slightly wiggle it with my finger while doing so (It is getting worse)

I've looked but have found practically no information on how to replace this button. One article read to clean it and/or replace it but offered no other info on how to go about it. It's a 2013 so I assume it is just worn out, not dirty? https://www.wheelsjoint.com/ram-1500-steering-wheel-controls-not-working-causes-and-how-to-fix-it/
Any pics, help, links, info on how to go about replacing/fixing this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0470 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0470 (Large).JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 3
can you remove them from the steering wheel and clean it with something such as dexoit d5?

Otherwise you will have to replace the controls.. doubt the switch is replaceable by itself.

It may not be the same for you. After a little more digging, it appears that air bag removal is required for 2013 and the switch is also a little different.

There's also a possible wiring harness recall, look into that too.

Last edited:
Reactions: irv
It may not be the same for you. After a little more digging, it appears that air bag removal is required for 2013 and the switch is also a little different.

There's also a possible wiring harness recall, look into that too.

****! Just my luck.
Thanks for the heads up, GSCJR. I appreciate that.

Back