MMO or TCW to clean & lube injectors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about running some Marvel Mystery Oil or Two Cycle Watercraft oil through my Subaru boxer to clean and lube the injectors. Which works better and what's the recommended in-tank ratio for either? It has a 17.1 gallon tank.

I use mmo in my car and snowblower and I use tcw3 in my truck and other ope. I would follow the directions on the mmo bottle and if using tcw3 I would use a 400-1 ratio.

In other industralised countries such as Germany, Japan, etc. nobody add so-called lubrication into their gas mix to "lubricate" fuel injectors.

Cars with EFI running on regular (undoped) gasoline can still make it into hundreds of ks before they are being parted and the injectors still work fine w/o wear.

So, tell me, why would you think there's such need to "lubricate" fuel injectors?

Q.

What kind of problem do you have with the injectors now? If there is no problem, I'd stay away from any additives in the gas.

I have a modified S2000 with turbo. One of my aftermarket injectors occasionally sticks open upon start up.

I've had, what seems to be success, with MMO. But the problem comes back after a few tanks of gas. Quite simply, I need a new injector.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back