Can you buy Mobil Delvac 1 LE 5w30 in the US?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Boczech
Is this something new that Delo is doing ?

Seems to be on their syn-blends or full-syn brews. Delo 5w30 and 5w40 full synthetics both don't have any according to UOA's. The Delo 10w30XLE syn-blend doesn't have any either according to the VOA that was posted on the forum. I think their dino 15w40 still does however.

I don't think it's just Delo that's doing this with their syn-blends & full synthetics. Rotella appears to be in the same boat with their T5 and T6 (no moly or boron). However Mobil appears to use both a bit (50ppm or so) in their 5w40 TDT and Delvac1 full syn's.

Last edited:
According to my VOAs,
Delvac 1 SHC 5W40 has 235ppm B
Delvac 1 LE 5W30 has 44ppm Mo and 113ppm B
These are relatively large amounts of boron in a molar sense because it has a very low atomic weight.

Charlie

Great info. I thought Delo 400 LE was big on moly and boron. I don't think Amsoil HDD 5w30 has none either. Mobil 1 Delvac LE 5w30 has both but $170 w/shipping for 4 gallons is just insane and Amsoil HDD 5w30 is $152 w/shipping...too much money when I can get Delo 5w30 $104 for 4 gallons shipped to my front door in two days.

Really interested to see how the Delo 5w30 is doing at 5k when I do UOA.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Powerstroke
Great info. I thought Delo 400 LE was big on moly and boron. I don't think Amsoil HDD 5w30 has none either. Mobil 1 Delvac LE 5w30 has both but $170 w/shipping for 4 gallons is just insane and Amsoil HDD 5w30 is $152 w/shipping...too much money when I can get Delo 5w30 $104 for 4 gallons shipped to my front door in two days.

Really interested to see how the Delo 5w30 is doing at 5k when I do UOA.

I know you're right about Amsoil not using any moly or boron in their HDD. And I also agree with you on the pricing for both the Amsoil and Delvac... WAY too expensive for how short of OCI's most 6.0L guys run. With the HEUI system and all its eccentricities (shearing, deposits in the injectors, etc), pushing too much further beyond 5k (or 7.5k in RoadRunner's case) is just asking for issues in my opinion.

I too will be patiently waiting your UOA as I'm curious as well to see how it holds up over your 5k OCI. If you can swing it, please get a TBN as well as I think it will shine a lot of light on how it will hold up "over time" with the lower additive levels. Good luck sir.
cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back