Wal-Mart Is Largest Employer in 20 States

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wait till they start a spinoff and put up Wal-tenements for their employees "ease of use and comfort". Each 'renter' gets a 5percent rent discount for employee status and direct withdrawal. The 1800's are coming back!

And they also are the largest employer that its employees have to relay on govermnet resources to survive.

So even if you do not shop at wal-mart chances are you are still paying some of their payroll.

Read that WM saves every US family about $1000 a year ,due to their low prices. aka low oil prices for BITOG.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SumpChump
Just wait till they start a spinoff and put up Wal-tenements for their employees "ease of use and comfort". Each 'renter' gets a 5percent rent discount for employee status and direct withdrawal. The 1800's are coming back!

I'm about to trigger the Chicagoans of BITOG...

Pullman
That is all

Originally Posted By: Lapham3
In my state the state itself is the largest employer-no surprise

That is the scariest. Many over paid, over pensioned, incompetant and not very dedicated. Notice I didn't say all.

Like this?

Private employer.In most states I'm sure the government has more 'workers'.
When you have a true unemployment rate as high as we have you can hire people at a low wage. There were protests that wanted fast food workers and Walmart workers to be paid $15 an hour. Surely their protests were misplaced. They should have been protesting against amnesty and immigration.

Originally Posted By: Miller88

Like this?

Yep! But the 1800's never disappeared. I started out my career on the business end of a shovel at Republic Steel in Cleveland, learned a trade and worked that for a few years, started college at night and a new career and now own my own business. Fast forward 35 years and my kids will all be college educated and work in white collar jobs. I was the first person in my whole extended family to graduate from a college in 1978.

This is America. You can be whatever you set your mind to be.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: rshaw125
Private employer.In most states I'm sure the government has more 'workers'.
When you have a true unemployment rate as high as we have you can hire people at a low wage. There were protests that wanted fast food workers and Walmart workers to be paid $15 an hour. Surely their protests were misplaced. They should have been protesting against amnesty and immigration.

+1 The same people they put in office have decided to dilute their level in the workforce with total strangers who came here illegally. What an insult.

A good portion of the list of 20 states are not the places to get quality jobs in the first place. It makes sense they would fill the void in those places.

Originally Posted By: Doog

Like this?

Yep! But the 1800's never disappeared. I started out my career on the business end of a shovel at Republic Steel in Cleveland, learned a trade and worked that for a few years, started college at night and a new career and now own my own business. Fast forward 35 years and my kids will all be college educated and work in white collar jobs. I was the first person in my whole extended family to graduate from a college in 1978.

Within reason, that is true. Jethro Bodine wanted to be a brain surgeon or a fry cook. . Given Jethro's sixth grade education(he could "cipher"), what do you think was the more reasonable quest?

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje

Like this?

Within reason, that is true. Jethro Bodine wanted to be a brain surgeon or a fry cook. . Given Jethro's sixth grade education(he could "cipher"), what do you think was the more reasonable quest?

well that was a TV show.

And sadly most people aim low and results are predictable.

I still don't understand when the unemployment number is 5.5% and yet 11,000 people apply for a job when a new Walmart Supercenter is being built.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
I still don't understand when the unemployment number is 5.5% and yet 11,000 people apply for a job when a new Walmart Supercenter is being built.

When we have the lowest labor force participation rate in decades that helps you to understand. The normal Unemployment numbers are grossly misstated for political reasons...

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice

Because they (Washington) have changed the definition so it is a smaller %. The real unemployment rate is 11%.

If it got me out of my 2 hours a day of commuting ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back