Flywheel Resurfacing w/new clutch @ shops

Status
Not open for further replies.
many times this step is skipped - probly partially because they dont want any delays and to tie up a stall. for the BEST life out of a new clutch, it's usually a good idea to resurface or replace. The last 3 clutches I did, we resurfaced or replaced.

I ordered a Luk flywheel off Rockauto last night.

After considering all of the aforementioned variables associated with resurfacing, it's just not worth it to roll the dice and potentially introduce new problems.

Wherever I worked, no mechanic or service writer would accept a clutch replacement job unless the customer agreed to have the flywheel machined or replaced.

There is just too much risk that something will go wrong, and ruin hundreds of dollars of new parts, and spend several hours of labor to do the job again.

Originally Posted By: michaelluscher

For the love of god, pay the extra .5 hour labor to change the rear main seal while the tech is in there.

If they install in properly and don't just half arse pound it in crooked and create a leak a few months down the road.

My new Luk flywheel came in this morning. I am ready to get this thing installed. Hopefully, I'll get it done within the next few weeks.

Originally Posted By: michaelluscher
Price shop a new flywheel, better off long term then resurfacing

For the love of god, pay the extra .5 hour labor to change the rear main seal while the tech is in there.

That and the front seal in the transmission while its all apart would be a good idea IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back