BMW M5 - New Clutch new Flywheel

Replaced the Clutch and Flywheel on my E60 M5

old new clutch.jpg

How many miles on the old clutch disk? It look like it has life left in it. What year BMW?

Replaced the Clutch and Flywheel on my E60 M5

View attachment 215072

One of my favorite BMW's as a V-10 from f1 development if you get the headers and free flow exhaust it sounds like an old F1 car. Two to alot of people it's really unassuming. Doug Demuro loved his cts-v wagon and AMG Mercedes as they were quick and unlike his Ferrari didn't attract the wrong attention.

How many miles on the old clutch disk? It look like it has life left in it. What year BMW?
I bought the car 3 years ago at 135,000km, it has now 156,000km. The mechanic told me he replaced the clutch for this car 6 years ago, we dont know how many km was on it at that time.

The main problem was the flywheel, the car was seriously shaking when it was changing gear and I bought clutch + flywheel just in case, it said on the website I purchased the parts that it is recommended to change flywheel after 2 clutch jobs.

The BMW is 2006 E60 M5.

Dual mass flywheels do wear out eventually. You can buy a single mass flywheel that will make everything (pulling away from a stop mostly) a little rougher but it'll last forever

Back