ok too use berryman chemtool every fillup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scotty Kilmer is a hilarious youtube mechanic. I cant say I always agree with his opinions, but he is always enjoyable to watch. I agree that the gumout worked, but there are a couple other fuel additives that would have done the job the same as (or better than) gumout. It basically all works out to which cleaner has the most PEA.

Originally Posted By: Chris B.
I use it in my Volvo XC70 and it show lower wear then the German Castrol I was using.

What?

How does a fuel additive reduce wear?
And how exactly are you measuring this supposed wear. You are aware that a used oil analysis is not an accurate indicator of engine wear. Aren't you.
Only engine tear downs can accurately measure wear in an engine. A used oil analysis is mean't for testing the condition of the oil to see if it's contaminated or no longer serviceable.
Wear cannot be measured via a used oil analysis. It's just that simple. To imply or believe otherwise is foolish.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: Clevy
Scotty Kilmer was absolutely wasted in that vid. He could barely keep his eyes open and slurring his words.

Aren't all his vids like that?
wink.gif

Hahahaha... i just noticed the same thing.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Originally Posted By: Chris B.
I use it in my Volvo XC70 and it show lower wear then the German Castrol I was using.

What?

How does a fuel additive reduce wear?
And how exactly are you measuring this supposed wear. You are aware that a used oil analysis is not an accurate indicator of engine wear. Aren't you.
Only engine tear downs can accurately measure wear in an engine. A used oil analysis is mean't for testing the condition of the oil to see if it's contaminated or no longer serviceable.
Wear cannot be measured via a used oil analysis. It's just that simple. To imply or believe otherwise is foolish.

I some how posted in the wrong thread. M1 0w40 showed better wear then GC 0w30.

Nope!! Too strong of stuff to be using at every fill up!! You are just wasting money on it. Use it once a month or every 1000 miles.

I use B12, mmo, Lucas UCL, or Seafoam every so often.

All are great!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back