Can I use Techron/PEA and TC-W3 Simultaneously?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been putting TC-W3 oil in with my gas for 6+ months now (1 ounce of oil for every 5 gallons of gas). I also use a PEA containing fuel system cleaner every 3-6 months (usually Gumout w/Regane or Chevron Techron), and I make sure not to use TC-W3 during that tank of gas. Though, lately I've been wondering if I have to make sure not to use the TC-W3 or not.

If I was filling up my car at Chevron, then I would be adding TC-W3 to a gas that already contains Techron. But would the higher concentration of Techron/PEA you get from using a fuel additive be a reason to avoid using the TC-W3 oil with it?

Any thoughts or suggestions about this would be appreciated. Thanks.

For years now.....

I use an empty quart MMO bottle and fill it 16 ounces of tc-w3 and 16 ounces of Chevron Techron fuel system cleaner. Shake and blend well....then while at the pump.....empty the amount needed into a empty Gumout Regane bottle with the measurement in ounce on the side. To save time.....I have the six ounce empty gumout regane bottles filled and ready to use at fill up.

For me, at a 15 gallon fill up.....I empty a six ounce bottle into the gas tank before filling. Then I have a 50/50 mix of the blend for each tank of gas.

All you need is a Gallon of Pennzoil tc-w3, Chevron Techron Fuel System Cleaner, or a gallon of Acetone instead of the Chevron FSC, empty MMO quart bottle, empty gumout regane 6 ounce bottles and a small funnel to pour the blended mix into the smaller bottles from the MMO quart botttle. Acetone also works well as a carrier for the TC-W3 and is an ingredient found in most fuel system, fuel injector, cleaners.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mongo161
For years now.....

I use an empty quart MMO bottle and fill it 16 ounces of tc-w3 and 16 ounces of Chevron Techron fuel system cleaner. Shake and blend well....then while at the pump.....empty the amount needed into a empty Gumout Regane bottle with the measurement in ounce on the side. To save time.....I have the six ounce empty gumout regane bottles filled and ready to use at fill up.

For me, at a 15 gallon fill up.....I empty a six ounce bottle into the gas tank before filling. Then I have a 50/50 mix of the blend for each tank of gas.

All you need is a Gallon of Pennzoil tc-w3, Chevron Techron Fuel System Cleaner, or a gallon of Acetone instead of the Chevron FSC, empty MMO quart bottle, empty gumout regane 6 ounce bottles and a small funnel to pour the blended mix into the smaller bottles from the MMO quart botttle. Acetone also works well as a carrier for the TC-W3 and is an ingredient found in most fuel system, fuel injector, cleaners.

^^ FTW!
banana2.gif

Whenever I read posts like this, I always wonder what the heck you think is wrong with your car, or your fuel? Not to disrespect, but for years now I've never used anything in my fuel except for using Techron once or twice in my BMW when I imagined it was running a bit rough. Even then I really don't think it did anything for sure. I mean, are you filling up at some backwater gas station that mixes salt water with their fuel?

Originally Posted By: mongo161
For years now.....

I've been doing the same since last fall. I mix acetone and TCW3 in a Lucas UCL bottle. I was adding it to every tank, now it is every other tank.

Unfortunately, they no longer sell Chevron/Texaco gasoline in my market. IMO...the 3 ounces of Techron mixed with the TC-W3 not only helps as a "carrier" for the oil but also gives my gas a maintenance dose at each fill up.

Originally Posted By: sicko
I've been putting TC-W3 oil in with my gas for 6+ months now (1 ounce of oil for every 5 gallons of gas). I also use a PEA containing fuel system cleaner every 3-6 months (usually Gumout w/Regane or Chevron Techron), and I make sure not to use TC-W3 during that tank of gas. Though, lately I've been wondering if I have to make sure not to use the TC-W3 or not.

If I was filling up my car at Chevron, then I would be adding TC-W3 to a gas that already contains Techron. But would the higher concentration of Techron/PEA you get from using a fuel additive be a reason to avoid using the TC-W3 oil with it?

Any thoughts or suggestions about this would be appreciated. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back