Comp Cams street rod oil change for storage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 68 pontiac 400 that I put Comp Cams street rod oil in last year. I only put about 500 miles on it in a season, and then store it. The oil is advertised to provide "unmatched anti-wear properties, even during extended periods of storage". I searched quite a bit but couldn't find anything on how long this oil could be left in, it'll probably take me five years to put 6000 miles on the vehicle. Can I just leave the oil in it?

Two completely different answers! LOL

I guess I should ask "what's your opinion and why"? There must be some scientific reasoning out there somewhere!

Just depends how you store it. Inside with a proper building it will be fine. Under a shed could be a bit different, but most cars sit quite well.

If you shop you can find oils specifically made for old school cars like Amsoil and others...

I store it inside a garage that never gets below 45 degrees, and Montana is a "high and dry" state. This oil has the extra zinc for the camshafts, and supposedly an additive that helps with "extended periods of storage." I just don't know how long "extended" can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back