New shoes finally!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally had some time to get it done. I went with the Michelin Premier.
27.gif

OTD door price was $577.98. Size 215-60-16 95V

So far the Camry is SILENT now compared to the Primewell Valera's that were on it.
We are taking it on a trip to the outlaws this weekend, I mean inlaws. Its about a 350 mile round trip. It will be interesting to see what the gas mileage will be.

It's always nice to have some high end nice shoes on the car after suffering with junk for a while. It really does change a car.

Originally Posted By: chiefsfan1
Its about a 350 mile round trip. It will be interesting to see what the gas mileage will be.

They will be breaking in for the first 500 or so miles

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
It's always nice to have some high end nice shoes on the car after suffering with junk for a while. It really does change a car.

Its a NEW car! I did read that the tires do break in for about 500 miles.
Next up is to register the tires.

27.gif

So far the Camry is SILENT now compared to the Primewell Valera's that were on it.
We are taking it on a trip to the outlaws this weekend, I mean inlaws. Its about a 350 mile round trip. It will be interesting to see what the gas mileage will be.

And I thought you were getting some Buster Brown lace ups!!

Originally Posted By: Donald
27.gif

And I thought you were getting some Buster Brown lace ups!!

laugh.gif

I put some Michelin Premier A/S tires on my car in October. I wrote some comments about them in this thread: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3511131/Traction#Post3512280

I have some more comments later in that thread as well.

I was actually going to write a review of the tires either today or tomorrow since I finally got a chance to play around with them in snow and ice.

A quick break down of the tires, they definitely slow down my car and reduced my gas mileage. Some people have reported the same thing, some people haven't been affected at all. Maybe it depends on the tires they replace, or the car/driver. On roads with horizontal grooves, the tire can create a high pitch whine that reminds me of a jet engine starting up. Obviously not as loud, but that's what it reminds me of. Overall driving, handling, and traction is very good. On smooth dry roads they're very quiet. They handle very well (mine are on a Subaru Forester, so it's not like I'm street racing or anything). They've had excellent grip in wet weather, and I've finally gotten to drive them in snow and ice and I think that's where they shine over all the other All Season tires I've had. That extra grippyness that slows down my 0-60 time and reduces my gas mileage, suddenly shines as the tire shrugs off snow and ice like it's nothing. Earlier today we got 7-9 inches of snow, I was driving around on roads that had been plowed (but still had a couple of inches of snow on them) and some that were completely unplowed, and the tires did excellent. I did various tests to involve the anti-lock brakes, and I was surprised at how much I had to actively try to activate the antilock brakes before they would trigger. The tires were so grippy they weren't losing traction nearly as soon as my previous tires would.

Like I said, I plan on writing up a full review of the tires and posting it in the tire section soon.

27.gif

Nice! Congrats - those are great tires - probably what I'll go with when it's time to replace the MXV4s I have on the civic now.

27.gif

Just got a set of Pirelli P1 on my Caprice, in exactly the same size ($540 Aus)...Michellins were about $30 per paw more expensive.

Nice having new tyres, isn't it ?

Originally Posted By: sicko
I put some Michelin Premier A/S tires on my car in October. I wrote some comments about them in this thread: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3511131/Traction#Post3512280

I have some more comments later in that thread as well.

I was actually going to write a review of the tires either today or tomorrow since I finally got a chance to play around with them in snow and ice.

A quick break down of the tires, they definitely slow down my car and reduced my gas mileage. Some people have reported the same thing, some people haven't been affected at all. Maybe it depends on the tires they replace, or the car/driver. On roads with horizontal grooves, the tire can create a high pitch whine that reminds me of a jet engine starting up. Obviously not as loud, but that's what it reminds me of. Overall driving, handling, and traction is very good. On smooth dry roads they're very quiet. They handle very well (mine are on a Subaru Forester, so it's not like I'm street racing or anything). They've had excellent grip in wet weather, and I've finally gotten to drive them in snow and ice and I think that's where they shine over all the other All Season tires I've had. That extra grippyness that slows down my 0-60 time and reduces my gas mileage, suddenly shines as the tire shrugs off snow and ice like it's nothing. Earlier today we got 7-9 inches of snow, I was driving around on roads that had been plowed (but still had a couple of inches of snow on them) and some that were completely unplowed, and the tires did excellent. I did various tests to involve the anti-lock brakes, and I was surprised at how much I had to actively try to activate the antilock brakes before they would trigger. The tires were so grippy they weren't losing traction nearly as soon as my previous tires would.

Like I said, I plan on writing up a full review of the tires and posting it in the tire section soon.

Good review. Got back from our trip. The Camry was like a different car. Almost zero tire noise, handled better too. Just no wet weather to try out the suction power of the tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back