Potholes and frost heaves...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will state one major benefit I feel with a longer wheelbase vehicle like my Acura MDX is I can hit the potholes with speed and it barely feels like a bump. Small to compact cars it is simply bone jarring.

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
I wish I had it like you guys..your roads are amazing compared to ours. We had the coldest february on record this year. Our roads are beyond terrible to start with and now they are plain disgusting. Pure negligence if you ask me but of course you cant sue the city..so you need more car repairs here like wheel bearings, tires, bent rims, and suspension issues which brings in even more money via taxes to this poorly run city. An embarassment.

Yes, roads are so bad around here, I cracked my windshield last year... driving downtown (near the olympic stadium).

And they are even worst this year.

Worse than potholes are the bumps in the road: They are like speed bumps getting out from the roads from nowhere.
The problem is when they create themselves on highways: the whole car shakes and you find yourselves looking in the mirror to see if you lost a part.

I try to remember all of them, but they are way too many these days.

This month, with the potholes season starting, we will start driving 20 mph waving in two lanes, trying to keep the car in one piece.

I almost can't wait for road construction to start so the worst offenders around me are ground flat/filled in and re-coated. But then comes sitting in traffic wasting gas to power the A/C. Can't win...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back