Just when you thought that Ford...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Originally Posted By: kschachn
Totally agree, but I think it sells to a lot of potential pickup buyers. I know it does to my neighbor. On several occasions he has bragged to me about the size of his grille, size of his mirrors, and size of his exhaust finisher. He's a good candidate for this truck, no?

They've become increasingly cartoonish in recent years.

Is it just me, or does anyone else wonder what those buying these trucks are trying to compensate for?
Or is it simply a matter of so many people having such bad taste?

Compensating for the weight of my loads.

I haul things 7000 lbs. beyond my rated tow capacity. Could you suggest a smaller vehicle for hauling 31,000 lbs. on a fifth wheel?

Save your breath man... This is BITOG. If you have a truck you are the Devil...Never mind that some people have different hobbies like RVing and need a Truck to safely tow a large load. According to this place you only need a Small car with a utility trailer to get anything done.

It's like how people make fun of the large grilles. All 3 of my factory heat exchangers are 3 times the size of my grille. Automatics have a 4th. Too large? It could stand to be larger.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Trucks used to be good looking in an understated, functional sort of way.
I could not drive this thing without feeling foolish.
Too much fake macho, but it will appeal strongly to certain buyers.
Pretty sure Chryco did its market research while designing something for this important and highly profitable market.

Yup, I was a big fan of this body style:

0501tr_01_z%2B2005_ford_f250_super_duty%2Bfront_view.jpg

Things have gone downhill from there.

That is what a truck is supposed to look like, IMO.

Originally Posted By: Tdbo
Pretty sure Chryco did its market research while designing something for this important and highly profitable market.

Agree. The '99-'07 Super Duty was a great looking truck in any setting without looking gaudy. The door handles and front end appearance did suggest "big truck," but it wasn't completely over the top ridiculous like the current one.

I also think the 1992-1996 F-Series has a timeless design. Beyond just the appearance, I like the feel of these trucks. The metal door handles, the click of the door when you push the button to open it, etc. They just look and feel like a quality, durable good. Not like a flashy, gaudy Power Wheels toy bought at Wal-Mart.

1995_ford_f-150_extended-cab-pickup_xlt_fq_oem_1_500.jpg

Ford trucks used to look so good. I don't know what kind of drugs their design staff has been using over the last few years, but they have really lost their way. Not that they are alone, but it's a shame that they have gone from classic, handsome styling to all this gaudy bro truck [censored].

I think this is the direction pickups are going pretty much across the board...
2009323143920_PowerWheels006-small.jpg

PowerWheels014.jpg

image003-620x413.jpg

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
Originally Posted By: Tdbo

I also think the 1992-1996 F-Series has a timeless design. Beyond just the appearance, I like the feel of these trucks. The metal door handles, the click of the door when you push the button to open it, etc. They just look and feel like a quality, durable good.

Totally agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back