Kia filter cut open 5400 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are great looking filters ran 5400 miles on dealer oil probably qsgb bulk.or at least what they told me. They gave me a free oil change at our 3 year anniversary think that they just wanted me there to try and sell me a new one but I'm happy with this one so far. Almost 39,000 miles and it's been perfect.always used qsgb at 5k oci this change though I went with super tech synthetic and a Fram tough gaurd and plan on a 7500 oci. From now on. Any grit you see is from cutting. ][/url] ][/url] ][/url] ][/url] ][/url]

Looks like a tearolator that didn't tear
27.gif

Originally Posted By: tratman2000
Not sure who makes these but they are 100% not purolator

made by Dongwoo, a Korean subsidiary of Mann Hummel

I use the oem, but also NapaGold, Fram TG/Ultra's etc. I have no issue using any of them...contrary to all the fear mongering attributed to the Hyundai/Kia famous TSB.

My wife has a '00 Kia Sportage. and I've been using Purolater Pure one filters on as long as I've been doing oc on it. I usally change the oil at between 6-12k miles. We had a oil leak problem that required the valve cover to to be taken off, it looked like the motor was made last week. So clean I was amazed. The motor had 104k miles on it, and I've been running Mobil 1 EP 10w30. The car gets driven 14 miles a day , 2 7 mile runs. Been doing that for 11 years. More stop and go and around town then highway. My thought is Kia's are easy on oil. The oil filter is the same size as my Harley's is, and it holds the same amount of oil 4 qts.,,

Last edited:
Good looking filter. Looks suspiciously Purolator Classic-esque. Looks great for a five thousand mile run. Im impressed that an OEM filter is built that well. Good job OP!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: kozanoglu
Looks bulletproof. Why use an aftermarket when you have one of the best OEM filter?

I'd get these every time if they where sold at Walmart when I get my oil. I hate going to the dealers and would have to order a lot online to get em cheap enough and I don't wana stockpile them.

Originally Posted By: BigCahuna
My wife has a '00 Kia Sportage. and I've been using Purolater Pure one filters on as long as I've been doing oc on it. I usally change the oil at between 6-12k miles. We had a oil leak problem that required the valve cover to to be taken off, it looked like the motor was made last week. So clean I was amazed. The motor had 104k miles on it, and I've been running Mobil 1 EP 10w30. The car gets driven 14 miles a day , 2 7 mile runs. Been doing that for 11 years. More stop and go and around town then highway. My thought is Kia's are easy on oil. The oil filter is the same size as my Harley's is, and it holds the same amount of oil 4 qts.,,

These are rock solid engines and I also had ran pure ones up until the last change at dealer but I'm done with purolators the last one I disected from my kia had no tears but the media was extremely brittle and with the company's bad business relations with bitog members that have contacted them with tears I'm just done with them. Sucks though there plant is only a couple of hrs from me and I like to keep my money as local as possible to help the local economy.

Looks bulletproof. Why use an aftermarket when you have one of the best OEM filter?

I'd get these every time if they where sold at Walmart when I get my oil. I hate going to the dealers and would have to order a lot online to get em cheap enough and I don't wana stockpile them.

+1
Same here.

Cheapest place to get them is eBay. Usually around $5 a filter shipped nwhen bought in bulk.

looks a little like purolater without the wavvvy media and tears.... Hyundai and Kia seems to make quality everything like the way toyota and Honda used to.

Originally Posted By: SHOZ
Cheapest place to get them is eBay. Usually around $5 a filter shipped nwhen bought in bulk.

Yea but I'm a little Leary of that since the kia/hyundia oil filter counterfeit thing that was recently going around. Dealers or someplace reputable would be the only place I'd consider.

I agree it would be better if these were available at stores. I don't have strong opinions about dealers. The Hyundai dealer I bought mine from has separate entrance for parts sales, like a small store. I paid 17-18 dollars for 4 filters. If you buy 3, the 4th one is free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back