changing it up my oil change routine!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rotella or Delo 10w30 is all you need in SoCal. Stop the Lucas and CSL. May not have done any harm, but you don't need it. I like Delo gear lubes. SynGear 75w90 is excellent, the Delo ESI 80w90 is very good. Either would be fine, the syn MIGHT a little better if towing, but that being said, I've run the ESI 85w140 in my F350 for a very long time with zero issues. I tow a TT frequently. It just holds up well, and the borate formula is unique to them.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Prodakota11
I crew part time for a Pro-Mod drag racing team, and that's what's in our motor, was 70w now 50w Lucas oil and it's also in our rear gear and we have had zero problems. Our engine builder actually recommended we pour some LOS across that lifters in the intional Fire up. The reason I have been/thought about using I can get at a very reasonabl price and the LOS wasn't costing me anything.

Understand that your experience qualifies you as more of an expert than 98% of the people here. The people giving advice are mini van, camry, mostly utility car guys that change oil but rarely do any more than that. Not real gearheads.

I'd love to see some picts of the racing engines.

I just did a oil change with 5qts of Valvoline 10w-30, 1qt of Lucas oil stabilizer, 1 can of Restore. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Ever heard the term a fool and his money are soon parted?

WHAT on earth do you need the Lucas and restore for? They are doing nothing positive for your engine and are probably negatively affecting the additive package of the oil. Next time just use oil. Tada!! Rocket science people!! If you feel you "need" special additives, use a high mileage oil.

Turk, I've read that befor on a 6.0 forum that diesel oil quites then up.

So any recommendations for a good tranny fluid and gear oil? (Both tranny and diff have Mag-Hytec pans)

Yes, good, so when are you going to put in the Mobil 1 TDT...?

I have had Amsoil in my Transmission & Diffs for 8 years now and not one single issue - and I pull a heavy boat a lot. Highly recommend it for our trucks.
thumbsup2.gif

welcome2.gif

Welcome to BITOG! Im a big fan of Royal Purple products, and have had great luck with them over the years. As far as synthetic oils go, they are up there with the best, and can be found in any Oreilly's, Autozone, etc. This would be my recommendation:

Motor oil: Stick with whatever works. If you like the additives, leave them. A lot here are against them, but if they work for you, stay with them. Your motor doesn't seem to mind.

Transmission fluid: RP Max ATF http://www.royalpurpleconsumer.com/products/max-atf-automatic-transmission-fluid/

Gear Oil: RP Max Gear in whatever weight your manufacturer recommends (I would guess 75w-140 with a friction modifier) http://www.royalpurpleconsumer.com/products/max-gear/

Good luck!

Hi Prodakota11 - For the vehicle situation that you describe, we recommend our Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage 5W-30 Motor Oil with PurePlus Technology. It’s the first of its kind full synthetic high mileage motor oil made from natural gas, and is designed to deliver less oil burn off than other High Mileage oils. It also helps reduce leaks and oil consumption, while keeping your pistons up to 40% cleaner than the toughest industry standards. - The Pennzoil Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back