39F degrees on Saturday...who's changing oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got cabin fever last month and made a 2 week trip to Phoenix. Car got washed twice during that time, before that it was last October when temp was warm enough to wash at home.

I have 5K on GC 0w30 on a known sludger, a 2.7 Chrysler. I usually stick to 5K synthetic changes, but based on filter dissection and clean elements, I think I can stretch it a bit. I considered dropping it the other day when it was in the 40's, and thought about using the pump through the dipstick hole today in the 20's. I decided to run it for a while and it could go to 6500 miles or so by the time I change it.

One of the benefits of using quality oil, you can extend the OCI if you need/have to. It'll be below 5F here in western Missouri in the morning.

I'm jealous of many of you. -33 C here this morning, w/ -45 C windchill. (That's -27 F/-49 F.) Breakdown maintenance only! The oil changes can wait for a couple of months.

Mission accomplished! Both OCIs done....
banana2.gif

Where in OH are you?
We had temps in the upper twenties this past Saturday morning and even above freezing in the afternon, but we also had 6" of fresh, wet snow.
Now, over the last weekend of January, we did get into the upper forties, so I took advantage of that to change the oil in both the '12 Accord and the Forester. The Forester also got the new battery that it needed and that I'd bought for it using an AAP $50.00 off $125.00 coupon code. Thanks again, sayjack.
We had -16F on my thermometer Friday morning the twentieth, incidentally.
We're due for a few below zero mornings this week as well, with some light snow and this is the last week of February.
About time for this nonsense to come to an end.
I've had to cut the grass here as early as the third week of March.
Probably not happening this year, although when the warmup comes it often comes fast.

I saw a break in the temperature and got on my garage clothes. I use a Pela evacuator to suck out the oil, and the filter is easy to reach. Then I shoveled 6" of fresh snow off the driveway. It also helps ease cabin fever!

Originally Posted By: mtndew_dad
Then I shoveled 6" of fresh snow off the driveway. It also helps ease cabin fever!

My cabin fever is the severe type, only cured by temps over 70F
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Where in OH are you?
We had temps in the upper twenties this past Saturday morning and even above freezing in the afternon, but we also had 6" of fresh, wet snow.
Now, over the last weekend of January, we did get into the upper forties, so I took advantage of that to change the oil in both the '12 Accord and the Forester. The Forester also got the new battery that it needed and that I'd bought for it using an AAP $50.00 off $125.00 coupon code. Thanks again, sayjack.
We had -16F on my thermometer Friday morning the twentieth, incidentally.
We're due for a few below zero mornings this week as well, with some light snow and this is the last week of February.
About time for this nonsense to come to an end.
I've had to cut the grass here as early as the third week of March.
Probably not happening this year, although when the warmup comes it often comes fast.

Cleveland....it never hit 39 until Sunday but in my garage it was about 34F

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back