When was the last time you went bowling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
3-4 years ago, we went as a family to the alley near my sister's house. My nephew and brother in-law are in a league there.

I usually go maybe every year or 2 just randomly with someone or a group of people.

I prefer 10 pin, I used to bowl in a league when I was a kid. (well, young teenager)

About 50% or less of the bowling alleys still remain though. Kinda sad.

I would take my kids once in a while, but now my son is in high school and he decided to join the bowling team! Bowling team! I never knew it existed. We have been to several high school tournaments and they are packed...even with 50 lanes. Top scores in the 260-280 range!

I get the feeling it is gaining in popularity again. Lots of people now bowling two handed. Check out YouTube videos of Jason Belmonte.

Bowling sport needs a comeback.... Just like Golf made huge gains in the late 90's(before that it was a old man's sport)

Around here the Bowling alleys were all constructed in the 60's and 70's.....

also the sport has suffered from technology that has made bowling easier: lane slicking machines, more "dynamic" balls, and electronic scoring systems that allow people to play without really getting to know how the rules work.

Bowling was so popular that The Flinstones bowled. The only people I know who bowl are on teams with the Eagles or Elks......

When I go to a bowling alley, I don't go there to bowl. They have arcades, bars.....

Last edited:
Took my boys to a birthday party at a bowling alley recently, and was surprised to see that all the scoring had gone digital. The last time I went, scores were project on the ceiling.

The place still had that familiar bowling alley smell, though.

About 2.5 years ago.

The Big Lebowski however is one of my favorite movies.
laugh.gif

The wife and I bowl 3 times a week in the winter, in our living room on the Xbox
smile.gif
Xbox cheats and never lets me bowl 300
frown.gif

About once or twice a year at the company event or get together. I haven't gone with family/friends as much as I'd like - probably once in last 3-4 years. Actually I am going to plan one now see what my other friends think about it.
But I am seeing a trend - its becoming a popular kids birthday party thing and thats good.

Been a few years. I don't feel like driving an hour, and I don't like candle pin. But I used to like bowling.

The kids have it on the wii and I was not impressed with hook it thinks I have.

Last weekend. Went with a group of friends. It was fun. The music they played sucked though. Except for "Uptown Funk" by Bruno Mars (that song feels like I'm at a roller rink circa 1982). The group of teens knew every word to the song, it was fun.

The group I went with had a blast, yes, I went with a transgender friend. (they're allowed to bowl and have fun too? Just checking)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back