Where is a good place to buy brake pads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to shop around on every order. I have a bookmarked list of parts sites that I compare on every order.

My top few are Rock Auto, Amazon and ebay. Advance Auto with discount code gets a lot of my business, too.

On my last order (two sets of StopTech Street Performance pads) Rock Auto was significantly cheaper than Amazon, even after adding RA's shipping cost.

Unless you have Prime, RA shipping will be faster than Amazon in almost every case, from my experience.

Other places to check include FCP Import, Autohaus AZ and websites that specialize in your brand of auto.

I agree with Amazon as well. Even more agree if you have Prime. I got all new brake pads, shoes and front rotors from the car from amazon, for I think it was 105 dollars, Wagner cermaic and Bosch rotors great deal.

Originally Posted By: klt1986
Originally Posted By: krismoriah72
I use amazon alot but YMMV.

Amazon

I agree with Amazon.

Amazon here too.

Recently bought Akebono pads for an RX8 at a good price.

I did buy Bosch front rotors for the car from Amazon and they were the wrong ones (my fault). I boxed them up and returned them with no problems. Even though they were quite heavy, free shipping both ways.

Akebono is one of the largest OEM brake manufacturers around.

Japanese owned but US built.

Top quality products.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
RockAuto

+1 - where I buy all my brake pads. Akebono brand.

Last edited:
Yeah I'd be wary of counterfeit stuff from ebay.

I bought a "bosch" 02 sensor and it showed up in a ziploc bag. It was engraved bosch. Was it real? Who knows. The computer liked it.

But there's a difference between emissions stuff and brakes.

I've had legit brakes delaminate after two years, counterfeit maybe even faster.

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
Originally Posted By: Bluestream
Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
Anywhere that sells pads not made in China.

And where would that be?

Akebono brake pads. All made in the USA. Do some research, bud.

The statement was "Anywhere that sells pads not made in China." not any brand....Bud!

I also would look between Amazon or RockAuto for the lowest price on a set of Akebono. They were OEM on both my Saturns and worked extremely well. They are usually made in USA as well which is hard to find otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back