Some days even tow trucks need a tow

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been cold lately, so the ground is good and cold. So the fact that it warmed up enough to rain today means... ice.

Looks like time for a new shed!

2wdbmms.jpg

28vt6de.jpg

aox6o6.jpg

16j4v45.jpg

Looking out my window: I'm glad I have that shed and trees (and rocks)! My truck was parked there at the time.

2yx5fdl.jpg

Drive was fine, BTW. Lost control of the rear of the truck coming up the hill. I came home like 15-20min later, and it was pure nasty, nothing but ice on the roads.

Hehe, getting a lot of traffic slowing down to look...

Last edited:
Well that's one way to get a new shed! I assume he hit your tree and a limb came down and destroyed it?

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Well that's one way to get a new shed! I assume he hit your tree and a limb came down and destroyed it?

Yep. Two trees down. Not sure of all the damage, other trees etc. I just finished up lunch, so time to go empty out the shed.

I might go find a tarp and toss over it. I think I have one--but I don't think I'll head to town to buy one if I don't!

I couldn't believe how fast people were going when I was out this morning. The temp was 29 degrees and it was raining. People think "oh it's just rain" and drive the speed limit. I saw 4 or 5 cars that were spun out and facing the wrong way.

Snap oversteer FTL.

Good luck in wrangling a new shed out of the tow company's insurance. My parents had a tow truck's winch cable snap while rolling a neighbor's car onto the tilted flat-bed, sending the car rolling down through the corner of their garage. The towing company's insurance company told my folks to pound sand at first, and to file a homeowner's claim. The tow company insurance ultimately paid after the homeowner's insurance lawyers got involved, but it was a long time until they got the check.

2wdbmms.jpg

I love how the jetta looks poised to make a quick escape.
01.gif

But the precious tin man cave!

I had a temptation... to grab some clothesline and position the Jetta such that it looked like I was pulling the truck out of the ditch. But I didn't.

Took about two hours to move that truck and get it gone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back