Vince Guaraldi - Linus and Lucy

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite Christmas song.
55.gif

It's a great tune on a great album, but regardless of if your focus is CHRISTmas the celebration of Jesus birth, or Christmas the holiday as just a holiday, that tune has no real applicability to being anything but a good, classic jazzy tune.

A great tune, just not very "Christmasy". Of course better than hearing for the eight millionth time "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas" (the wife's peeve), or that horrid Dan Fogelburg "Same old Lang syne" song.

Why they cannot play more of the classic Christmas Carols is beyond me. Family Radio used to be a great source of continuous classic Christmas carols and tunes. Not sure if they do anymore.

Always good. Some years ago a coworker had this CD in work and seemed a bit embarrassed. Not to be embarrassed by it. Many good memories from long ago of my then girlfriend and I cruising around, listening to this music and enjoying Christmas lights.

I always enjoyed Linus explaining the meaning of Christmas:

I absolutely LOVE Charlie Brown!! I have the vinyl lp somewhere that has the original theme song on it :^)

Speaking of Charlie Brown, I saw an episode of Antiques Roadshow last night where someone had a bunch of original copies of Peanuts comic strips from the 50s. Their "expert" said they were worth $450,000.

Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
Speaking of Charlie Brown, I saw an episode of Antiques Roadshow last night where someone had a bunch of original copies of Peanuts comic strips from the 50s. Their "expert" said they were worth $450,000.

I saw that; crazy cool. The woman said she spent about $500 collecting the stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back