Glue gods Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will this part experience any sort of lateral stress when the appliance is operating?

Acetone may dissolve the polymer strings, when it evaporates, the strings reform.

'Nother words, nail polish and a q-tip, rub the edges with acetone and see if they soften. If they do, use a nail file as a stiffener and tape to hold till it dries.

Repaired my legos many, many times...

Yes. Similar to Legos material. It is a center "screw" of sorts that holds down the lower rotating disk-arm head. It has a thumb grip top half and a threaded center (hollow) it's about 1inch diameter and basically she popped the head off. And there's now unscrewing the part that's left in the threaded hole. It basically doesn't tighten anything down really, it just goes in and forms a retainer with a purposeful gap so the lower spray disc can spin.

Find a local used appliance guy, part will be $5-10 max. I bought a whole used pump for my Maytag for $15. Been working for 10 years now

Originally Posted By: sleddriver
Try a hot-glue gun.

I would probably not suggest hot glue since most dishwashers get fairly warm.

I think it'll be important to know what kind of plastic it is. If it really is just a $5-15 part, I would definitely just replace it.

Originally Posted By: EdwardC
Originally Posted By: sleddriver
Try a hot-glue gun.

I would probably not suggest hot glue since most dishwashers get fairly warm.

I think it'll be important to know what kind of plastic it is. If it really is just a $5-15 part, I would definitely just replace it.

Hot glue melts at 380°F.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back