The polar vortex is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is Al Gore during all this? Probably driving around Tn in his Prius wearing only his bath robe.

Originally Posted By: gman2304
Where is Al Gore during all this? Probably driving around Tn in his Prius wearing only his bath robe.

Are you kidding? For a guy that is such a huge proponent of the man-made global warming [censored], he has about the biggest carbon footprint of all... if he's driving around somewhere, it's in the biggest gas hog money can buy...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Kiwi_ME
Frankly you denialists amuse me to no end. Anyone with a university degree in a field of science knows fully well how the investigative process works and would readily accept the overwhelming evidence. It's a shame that voting does not take that into account given the relatively technical content of our lives. Even politicians are slowly realizing the issue and they are surely the most self-serving people in our society.

+1

Perhaps the deniers will come out of their delusion when they realize the US military treats this as a national security issue:

http://www.newsweek.com/pentagon-report-...d-foster-277155

Originally Posted By: aa1986

+1
Perhaps the deniers will come out of their delusion when they realize the US military treats this as a national security issue:

crackmeup2.gif
You cant be serious. Talking points of the regime who's leader was heavily invested in the Chicago carbon credit scheme along with algore and a few other flunkies. LOL
No conflict of interest here, pass a few laws, blow some smoke, toss a mirrors around and me and my cronies will cash in.
Unfortunately for them the whole thing blew up in their face, now they have a new deal. Follow the money folks, its a dirty business.

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php...st-of-the-story

http://21stcenturywire.com/2010/08/27/the-great-collapse-of-the-chicago-climate-exchange/

Gores son got a speeding ticket in a Prius about the time he was running for president and got ticketed for going 90 mph. I didn't know those things would go that fast.

Right, as opp
Originally Posted By: grampi

Are you kidding? For a guy that is such a huge proponent of the man-made global warming [censored], he has about the biggest carbon footprint of all... if he's driving around somewhere, it's in the biggest gas hog money can buy...

Better than the anti-science retards we have in the House and Senate, now...

There for a minute I thought you were talking about the Republicans, but they don't take over until January....hence...I agree.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Has US officially declared a war against global warming yet?

Bahahahaha

Mom a Canadian new get this climate change nonsense rammed down our throats every day from various sources yet those same people refuse to admit that the earths climate is cyclical.
So yes climate change is a real thing however it's the earths natural cycle not a man made phenomenon.
There is the possibility that man MAY be contributing the warming trend but to think it's all mans fault is absurd.
The earth freezes up,it's called an ice age. We've had it happen countless times on this planet. The earth then warms up gradually which melts the ice slowly until all those ice caps melt then whammo we get another ice age. It's just how this thing works.
Pole shifts work in a similar fashion. The poles move naturally over time then once they reach their tipping point they flip. The earths crust proves this phenomenon has happened over and over again since this rock was created.
It's possible man has in some way affected this cycle because of the additional greenhouse gasses we expel into the atmosphere but to say man has created the phenomenon is simply cherry picking data to support a cause.
It's like Trav says,follow the money. Who profits?
Is it the same people pushing the idea?
There is a big picture here. A huge puzzle with many small pieces. Putting together a few pieces shows part of the picture but not the whole picture. Inferring a conclusion based on a few pieces that fit is narrow minded,and ignoring other parts of the puzzle that have made a partial picture too.
Science is marvellous and yes we have moved mountains however we've only scratched the surface,we've only just begun to put the picture together.
Science is in its infancy when you consider how much we don't know.
Yes we've come a long way when you think that 100 years a horse was the primary mode of transport but that's only 100 years of breakthroughs. What are we going to see in another hundred years,how about a thousand.
We are mere specs of dust in this universe. Not even a blip on the radar.

There for a minute I thought you were talking about the Republicans, but they don't take over until January....hence...I agree.

+1 Thankfully they will be unemployed shortly.

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
Right, as opp
Originally Posted By: grampi

Better than the anti-science retards we have in the House and Senate, now...

The only science from the global warming bunch is science fiction...

I just skimmed the previous, but with climate I always think of the varying but massive output of volcanos(I guess unsolvable) but gee, maybe let's hookup the cows with 'exhaust collection' for methane-maybe us next? With emotional debate, logic gets lost.(right gals?)My broinlaw was a fisheries biologist and was driven crazy be politicians 'cherry picking' his hard worked science for certain agendas. I recall local Minnesota discussion about spending 'some'$ to run city types of sewer systems around our lakes as the seasonal cabin folks 'must' be poluting with drain fields. Never mind the cattle operations with streams running thru them into those same lakes-they get a pass=all perfectly logical, right?

Quote:
from article:
While scientists are converging toward consensus on future climate projections, uncertainty remains. But this cannot be an
excuse for delaying action.

Even the conservative US military are smart enough to raise awareness based on the mathematics of "risk" while many humans are still in the first step of the classic seven stages of grief, that being "denial."

Naturally that report will be passed through layers of management and each responsible person will filter those recommendations based on their own limited knowledge of the earth's environment until there is nothing left to act on.

Originally Posted By: Kiwi_ME

Quote:
from article:
While scientists are converging toward consensus on future climate projections, uncertainty remains. But this cannot be an
excuse for delaying action.

Even the conservative US military are smart enough to raise awareness based on the mathematics of "risk" while many humans are still in the first step of the classic seven stages of grief, that being "denial."

Naturally that report will be passed through layers of management and each responsible person will filter those recommendations based on their own limited knowledge of the earth's environment until there is nothing left to act on.

Nope it is just called follow the leader. The purpose is to obtain funding.

Originally Posted By: dave1251
The purpose is to obtain funding.
That lame excuse could be applied to anything. At some point you have to trust those who know more than yourself.

Scientists are humans and make mistakes, but ultimately I put my faith in science and scientists. We need more science. Nothing helps human progress more.

Originally Posted By: Clevy

Bahahahaha
Science is in its infancy when you consider how much we don't know.
Do you let unqualified people tell you how to do your job?

Originally Posted By: buster
Scientists are humans and make mistakes, but ultimately I put my faith in science and scientists. We need more science. Nothing helps human progress more.
Glad to see some good sense in this highly-skewed group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back