Narrower Toilet Paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 square? For an average Indian, that's 1 square more than what's needed.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Turk
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
I can honestly say I've never taken a tape measure to my toilet paper...

You can see the gap on the roll holder...

About 7 years ago I remodeled the main bath. I used the previous (single piece) roller and an existing roll of TP to determine spacing for the new fixture. Next time I bought paper, BAM, a big gap. The interesting thing is how it seemed that all of the brands switched to the smaller rolls simultaneously.

Same with coffee packaging, concave bars of soap, 1.5 qt of ice cream instead of 1/2 gallon of ice cream, chip bags half full, cereal boxes 1/2 full, Sold by weight not volume disclaimer, new and improved, OTC drugs with an empty compartment in the box to make it look like you're getting more. Consumer deception at best.

Originally Posted By: gman2304
Same with coffee packaging, concave bars of soap, 1.5 qt of ice cream instead of 1/2 gallon of ice cream, chip bags half full, cereal boxes 1/2 full, Sold by weight not volume disclaimer, new and improved, OTC drugs with an empty compartment in the box to make it look like you're getting more. Consumer deception at best.

It's the same with dog food. A year or two ago you could buy 40 lb bags...then they all went to 35 lbs, and now they're all 30 lb bags, but they cost as much as the 40 lb bags did...I guess they think nobody notices when they shrink the amount and keep the price the same...

EXACTLY!!

Now, the concave bar of soap breaks into 2 little pieces... too little to use well, so some of that is wasted too... prompting people to have to BUY EVEN MORE!!!
mad.gif

The coffee was the most irritating to me. 25% downsizing (16 oz to 12 oz) PLUS 25% price increase. I guess the public must be thought of as that stupid. Just raise the price if you have to. I can handle it.

I can remember when a bar of Ivory soap was the size of a brick!

Yeah, and the larger (and I do use that term loosely) bath sized bars now cost more per ounce than the bars intended for placement at a sink.

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
Are you OK with that??

No!

Finally somebody answered the question!
grin2.gif

Things are getting smaller and pricier. I'm just a dumb kid and only remember gas at around $1.20 a gallon while diesel was $.95. Its interesting for me hearing how things used to be priced.

Its even more interesting to see how things have changing price wise within the last few years. Toilet paper being one of them!

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
Wonder if they are going to sell a really narrow roll to fill in the gap.

I saw plastic spacers to take up the gap at my last job...

Got a link to this? I can't seem to find them online.

They were sneakier with the paper towels. I don't know what the current dimensions are, but I recall when Bounty reduced its sheets from 11x11 to 11x10.4.

Take a look at the sizes of detergent (and other) bottles these days. They've come up with some really odd volumes to hide the price increases.

Orange Juice containers were 64 Oz (1/2 Gallon).

Then they were 59 Oz.

Now, they're 46 Oz.

Ever notice the molded in handles on the coffee packaging? Concave bottoms on glass bottles? They take the space where product used to be.

There's a long list of such, and older folks remember many of them. I'm sure the business community knows that many folks notice and are 'turned off' by such practices, but many more are clueless and if 'everybody does it' there's no alternative

It was taken somewhere from MASH on tv when they commented on being the soldier in charge of TP. They conculed that nobody would make a move without him. Toilet paper feels about the same, its the puppy on the wrapper that has changed. Time for the two sea shells? I hope not.

Originally Posted By: Marco620
Time for the two sea shells? I hope not.

Demolition Man?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back