Where did all the double roll TP go?

I live in a mid century house and it has the toilet paper dispenser built into the wall. The new mega rolls do not fit in them. I been switching brands when the one I was using stopped making the double rolls. I was down to one brand that I found at a local chain geared towards older folks, senior citizens must not like the mega rolls either. I went there today and everything is mega roll now. :confused:

I'm going with

'Streamlined their production facilities when there was a run on TP in the early 2020's' for $500 Alex

Easier to make one SKU than multiple of essentially the same thing.

I live in a mid century house and it has the toilet paper dispenser built into the wall. The new mega rolls do not fit in them. I been switching brands when the one I was using stopped making the double rolls. I was down to one brand that I found at a local chain geared towards older folks, senior citizens must not like the mega rolls either. I went there today and everything is mega roll now. :confused:
We had the same problem and my OL called one of the Mega Roll manufactures and they sent her a free TP roll holder that has a dog leg in each end. It fits in the regular holder but the center is off set so the mega rolls can fit on it. I don't what manufacturer, just start calling some of them asking how you're supposed to fit one of their mega rolls onto a standard size holder.

Tork Universal Bath Tissue, TM1616 is 4.3 inches in diameter. Available at janitorial supplies. I don't know if this will fit your holder. Mega rolls are more like 5.25 inches in diameter according to what I read.

You can always separate the plies, make two rolls and they will fit...Your house must have been built during a transition period between the Sears catalog and rolled T.P....;)

Does your holder look like this? I have no trouble finding 2 ply paper that fits. We usually buy Scott brand

Attachments

• IMG_20230604_044751651.jpg
    IMG_20230604_044751651.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 11
Yes, I won’t lower myself to use 1 ply TP. You have to love yourself before you can love someone else.

The extender looks like a good idea, otherwise, are modern recessed holders larger avaible and hard to install?

As far as toilet paper goes, I use Great Value Soft & Strong. If toilet paper was free, I'd use Cottenelle.

Back