Aright all cards on the table. whats the best addi

Status
Not open for further replies.
1/2 techron 1/2 mmo.Then mix what you have left and when you change out your plugs dump about 2 tablespoons in each cylinder put your new plugs in, wait an hour and fire that sucker up! Free mosquito fogger for the neighborhood as well!

Originally Posted By: RJS1971
Of all the junk our there what is the very best additive for fuel period.

FWIW
The answer may be in this youtube video LOOK. For the highest level of detergent additive use VPower .

I did a test of Redline SI-1. I runn a fuel injector business and get asked this question all the time, i wanted to give an honest answer.
I took a set of 19 lb GM/Bosch pintel style injectors and cleaned them, they flowed to new Bosch specs with the correct degree of spray pattern.

They were deliberately run on non top tier fuel for 30k with 2 oz SI-1 in every fill up of the 17 gallon tank and then removed for retest.
Same ASNU machine with the same calibration fluid and same controlled temp, same testing protocols.

They were totally clean with the same results as they were 30K ago. No flow or spray pattern degradation noted.
Of course this only shows the product is able to maintain a level of cleanliness and not an indication of its cleaning ability.

I have currently 3 vehicles running tested and not cleaned injectors (all data was recorded) on 3 different products.
All initially received one full bottle of cleaner in a full tank of fuel and have been dosed 1.5 oz per 10 gallons of fuel since. All run the same gas from the same station.
Next summer i will pull the injectors again and get some insight of how the products are working.

These are my own vehicles so i can closely monitor the test.

Originally Posted By: Trav
I did a test of Redline SI-1. I runn a fuel injector business and get asked this question all the time, i wanted to give an honest answer.
I took a set of 19 lb GM/Bosch pintel style injectors and cleaned them, they flowed to new Bosch specs with the correct degree of spray pattern.

They were deliberately run on non top tier fuel for 30k with 2 oz SI-1 in every fill up of the 17 gallon tank and then removed for retest.
Same ASNU machine with the same calibration fluid and same controlled temp, same testing protocols.

They were totally clean with the same results as they were 30K ago. No flow or spray pattern degradation noted.
Of course this only shows the product is able to maintain a level of cleanliness and not an indication of its cleaning ability.

I have currently 3 vehicles running tested and not cleaned injectors (all data was recorded) on 3 different products.
All initially received one full bottle of cleaner in a full tank of fuel and have been dosed 1.5 oz per 10 gallons of fuel since. All run the same gas from the same station.
Next summer i will pull the injectors again and get some insight of how the products are working.

These are my own vehicles so i can closely monitor the test.

COOL! THANK YOU!!
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back