Driveworks (AAP) DW-4476 cut open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all... Made in China.

If only a Puro Classic was built like this... Thick metal can, heavy base, coil spring, nice pleats, evenly spaced, ends neatly crimped...

If only...
IMG_20141116_213351_156_zps26a5afe8.jpg

IMG_20141116_213121_675_zps68af1dad.jpg

IMG_20141116_213046_767_zps24744c3b.jpg

IMG_20141116_213013_533_zps7883108b.jpg

IMG_20141116_212919_855_zps0976015e.jpg

Great construction but doesn't it have the efficiency of chicken wire??
laugh.gif

Where is the bypass located? How many miles are on it?

I'm tempted to try one in my Jeep.

Firstly, everyone loves to tout the wonders of Capitalism but then complain about globalism, but that's a discussion for another day.

Secondly, I've been a fan of DW filters since they came out. While I've never used one, I've seen nothing but good things when people post of them. How long did you run it for? What type of driving?

P.S. I don't know about you but last night (our first true snow fall in NW Chicagoland) got icy real quick! Hopefully that's not a sign of what's to come.

People drop them off at work when they dump their oil (even though we have several big signs that say we can't accept used filters) and I usually take them home to cut open. I've yet to find one that didn't look great. Whatever design the Chinese company is copying, they're doing it pretty well!

they do look very nice i am impressed we have used them sometimes when we were out of a particular filter. I would like to see some cut open when used for 5000 or so miles. According to the commercial parts manager i deal with at advance they sell a lot of them lately.

I have had great luck with these and the Pro Gauge filters which are very similar. These cheap Chinese filters are a great buy.

That's better pleat spacing then most Puro filters of late.

Gimme a Silicone ADBV and we just might have ourselves a top notch yet well priced filter
...that isn't Motorcraft.

FCI miles? Time interval?....

Looks good as do many of the made in China filters. Biggest complaint I've seen is non functioning adbv after some period of time. But that wouldn't be very unusual. Efficiency specs are vague to not so great based on information posted here.

I'd use one if included as part of an AAP monthly oil/filter promo I might find attractive. But wouldn't purchase separately ahead of the many reasonably priced US brands including the Wix/Napa Gold I'm now getting on sale for less than $4. Just me.

This was on a John Deere tractor for 125 hours, using Rotella T 10w-30 oil.

The engine has nearly 3000 hours on it. The condition of the filter is proof of how clean that the Rotella T is keeping the engine. I've had the valve covers off, and it is spotless inside.

I only grabbed this filter as I needed one quick, and this particular AAP was out of Puro Classics.

Certainly better construction than a FRAM OCOD.

I like that coil spring and those nice metal endcaps.

Looks like they reverse engineered a Wix.

Originally Posted By: SilverC6

That's what it looks like to me.

As always, the big unknown is the media. But at least they don't scrimp on it...

I like the gauge of the can. Lots thicker than a Puro.

Originally Posted By: SilverC6

I was thinking the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back