Lubricant Related Questions For 2015 Subaru WRX

Status
Not open for further replies.
zrod 10w30 may not be a bad fit. runs slightly thinner than amsoil's 5w30 euro. i run the zrod in my evo

Resurrecting an old thread here...

How important is it that I run an oil that's SM/GF-4? Should I be concerned about running an SL rated oil such as EDGE 0W-30(the Belgian stuff) or Amsoil HDD 5-30? I have heard that some oils with a lot of ZDDP in them can cause issues with the catalytic convertor. Is there any validity to this?

Originally Posted By: srl1104
Resurrecting an old thread here...

How important is it that I run an oil that's SM/GF-4? Should I be concerned about running an SL rated oil such as EDGE 0W-30(the Belgian stuff) or Amsoil HDD 5-30? I have heard that some oils with a lot of ZDDP in them can cause issues with the catalytic convertor. Is there any validity to this?

Personally, my biggest concern here would be in the unlikely event that you need warranty work done. Will Subaru claim you were using an unapproved oil and deny the warranty claim (assuming the warranty claim was some how oil related).

I'm not sure how the ZDDP levels would affect the vehicle and exhaust, but I'm sure others will come on here to comment about that for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back