Home Internet speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
3856566122.png

Appears I'm first as far as the slowest speed!

Originally Posted By: Nick R
Originally Posted By: Miller88
I now have the $15 Crime Warner plan. It's horrible. "Up to 2 MBPS" ... I struggle to get 1 mbps.

Up to 2 megabytes
I get less than 1 megaBIT

Awful.

But cheap!

No, it's 2Mb/s. ISPs don't rate in MB/s. They rate in megabits/s. The $15 TWC plan is 2mbit/s down by 1mb/s up.

Gotcha! I'm still usually getting 500-700kb/s

Originally Posted By: ARB1977
What's your home Internet speed? The wife says our speed is pretty slow at times, we have 15 mbps. We never get the full 15 mbps though.

Its more than just speed. Latency, Jitter, Packet Loss, DNS response times all matter. Try www.pingtest.net
Try programs like DNSBench or Namebench to see how your dns is performing and if not find the best one for your location.

Originally Posted By: Blaze
3856566122.png

Appears I'm first as far as the slowest speed!

Ouch. You got to have a C to pass the internet speed class
12.gif

We've been playing the game to find reasonably priced internet for years. I've probably gone through five providers. If they can give me service for $30 a month for 12 months, why can't they do it for 120 months?

I'm on year three of U-Verse at $32 a month after negotiating. They feel this service is worth $57 and I think that's insane. The speed is 18Mbps and it does everything I need. I can stream video at 1080p and download "X"GB files quickly. I'm not sure what 100Mps would do for me.

Here's something a little different. Speed under both IPv4 and IPv6 for comparison. Its too bad the only US server is in Alaska. I think thats hurting my speed a bit being so far away.
1f7bef5e3c1c2a275ac5f21c4cbe3922.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back