Digital Pop Star Round 2: Hatsune Miku in 'Murrica

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Nick R
Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Different people, different hobbies....

Nick,

Were you the one going to join the Navy ?

I decided that was a path I didn't want to go down for multiple reasons. In the end, I now have a job I'm extremely happy with, doing something I want to do.

It's good that you have a job you like, many people hate their job and are bitter.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: andrewg
Like what you want....but to expect others to accept your tastes as even remotely common? Nope.

Everyone has tastes someone else would consider bizarre. 99.9% of the people here could tell the difference between Delvac 1 LE 5w-30 and SuperTech 5w-30 and would be able to glean something useful from the specs on the bottles. 99.9% of the motoring public, however, would call us nuts for even thinking there was a real difference.
wink.gif

I grasp what you are saying. But that example isn't really comparable when we are talking about a 22 year old man watching childish, imaginary cartoon figures on a stage. The OP's fetish with this sub-culture and child-like adolescent subject matter, goes beyond healthy or normal in my opinion. I base that on a previous thread he'd posted where some dvd titles were visible in the background that I looked into a bit further. It was disturbing. I won't illuminate more than that. He knows what I am referring to as we've had PM's back and forth before. Others on here may think it's all okay and diverse to be inclusive of the OP's "interests". I do not share that opinion.

A guy delving into chemical formulations of various motor oils may be a bit unusual....but no more nutty than many other interests. Certainly not bizarre.

Last edited:
The guy is 22 and living in someones basement or house.

20-30 is when you grow up and figure out who you are. Time to explore and sample what life has to offer. I don't think at age 22 it matters what music you like. I don't like the same music I did then but glad I explored everything then.

I grasp what you are saying. But that example isn't really comparable when we are talking about a 22 year old man watching childish, imaginary cartoon figures on a stage. The OP's fetish with this sub-culture and child-like adolescent subject matter, goes beyond healthy or normal in my opinion.

So, I like Looney Toons and the Flintstones, not to mention Star Trek. If I was stuck on an island with a DVD player and were allowed to choose only one "series," it would probably have to be Looney Toons, since the collection is pretty big and the stuff never gets old. Some would think the same thing of my tastes.

Originally Posted By: Garak
I grasp what you are saying. But that example isn't really comparable when we are talking about a 22 year old man watching childish, imaginary cartoon figures on a stage. The OP's fetish with this sub-culture and child-like adolescent subject matter, goes beyond healthy or normal in my opinion.

So, I like Looney Toons and the Flintstones, not to mention Star Trek. If I was stuck on an island with a DVD player and were allowed to choose only one "series," it would probably have to be Looney Toons, since the collection is pretty big and the stuff never gets old. Some would think the same thing of my tastes.

You obviously aren't getting it. Watching Looney Tunes isn't what I am referring to.
So....if you liked to watch Pebbles and Bam-Bam kissing, necking, and making love...that's just fine? You'd be cool with that type of male person babysitting someones children or working in a daycare?
This foolish attitude today where just about everything is ok and morally equivalent, is ignorant.
Extreme attachments toward childish, girlish figures for a 22 year old man....and owning dvd's where these pre-teen same-sex characters are making love...is a sign of more than just someones "tastes".
But I guess I'm just an old man telling people to "stay off my lawn".

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
What were the DVD titles ?

You said disturbing.... What do you mean by that ???
21.gif

I'd suggest you ignore what he says in regards to this. He has no clue what he's talking about, he just google searched titles of things I own and is making a lot of assumptions from there, and he has take it upon himself to declare a moral crusade against me based on things he knows nothing about. That's really all you need to know.

And Andrewg? I am not getting into this conversation with you again. I suggest you take your bile elsewhere as it really in no way concerns you, and I'm tired of dealing with your self righteous, ignorant bull.

Last edited:
You obviously aren't getting it. Watching Looney Tunes isn't what I am referring to.

Perhaps I'm being intentionally obtuse or intentionally naive, or I don't consider it my business. I'm not completely up on anime and manga and other such things, but I do know enough to say that I don't know enough to understand the culture, much less make an appropriate judgement about the genre.

This is going nowhere but in a downward spiral.

Folks, it's fine to express opinions.

Dont' get caught up in accusations and the like.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back