Vaccines - Calling the Shots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: jrustles
Since vaccination in the capacity as we know it today, is so new and unique to all biological evolution as we know it, I am fascinated as to the possible long-term genetic changes that are going to occur to all vaccinated species, particularly humans.

What natural process is most closely related the act of vaccination? Nothing.

Enjoy.

Originally Posted By: Thermo1223
Our first child we denied everything at child birth except a vitamin K injection.

I didn't even what the antibiotic gel on her eyes(for chlamydia) because I know my wife is clean obviously. My wife who is a nurse told me it isn't a big deal.

Fast forward and we started a delayed schedule which our doctor was on board with for a bit then started touting the party line if we don't listen to them to find another pediatric doctor.

Interesting. At least you thought about it. At least you had the wherewithal to allow your child to complete the bulk of it's metabolic and neuronal development.

I'm curious, does your daughter have any allergies that you are aware of?

She has allergies just like me & my wife that we both passed genetically to her. Her sister does as well. I am more grateful that the asthma my wife had as a child wasn't passed.

It is interesting with all this talk of Polio I am surprised no mention HiB.

It is in the chart but it wasn't required as a vaccination till the early 90's I believe.

I survived it as a 5 yr old at the time but barely. It was brought in by another child in class who showed no symptoms but was obviously a carrier. This was in kindergarten so a mass of small children like that means someone will get it.

Many children died in the same hospital I was in at the time of the disease. I was in there for upwards of 2-3 weeks with another 1-2 weeks at home for recovery.

I died one night for at least 1-2 mins, at least that is the story I was told. My heart stopped and they almost gave up shocking me until it popped back on.

So I may have a unique perspective on why I think vaccines in that regard should be mandatory. Granted it is only 1 of many strains on influenza but it was proven to be effective & deadly.

Even in that time period of the late 80's the school district & parents were so worried my parents were going to sue them. For what? Their were no requirements to vaccinated and no one purposely got me sick. It just happened like life tends too which is how I feel a lot about autism and other things. You roll the genetic dice everytime you conceive, sometimes good rolls, sometimes bad. Placing blame on another party through bad science and questionable ethics because YOU want to believe it is not your direct fault is asinine.

Could there be environmental factors damaging us? Sure I bet there are many but vaccinating against known threats is .001% on that scale. Such that as another member posted so small that any conceivable losses on the grand scale are completely outweighed by the gains.

Last edited:
This whole anti-vaccination movement grew legs because of one Andrew Wakefield. You'll do well to do a little research on the guy.

He's the one who "linked" the MMR vaccination to IBD and autism. Except he got a lot of money to make that link and in 2010 he was stripped of his medical license.

I'm a big believer in herd immunity. My kids are all up on their shots, and they always will be.

I know refusing vaccines is a choice, but it's a choice that scares the [censored] out of me.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jrustles
And as they say "you're gonna need a bigger bait"
wink.gif

Okay, let's put it this way. Polio causes one heck of a lot more neurological damage than any vaccine additive could.

Originally Posted By: sasilverbullet
Yep, before this gets locked...

Remember that at one time every banned drug was once approved...

and cannabis was once banned. Oh, and alcohol.

Your point?

Originally Posted By: surfstar

Right. It only kills more annually worldwide than anything else.

And half of all people are below average. Statistics not related to some objectively-based criteria are relatively useless. What do you do after you eliminate the top-killer (or the below average people)? What costs and side-effects justify this process?

Originally Posted By: TooManyWheels
Originally Posted By: surfstar

Right. It only kills more annually worldwide than anything else.

And half of all people are below average. Statistics not related to some objectively-based criteria are relatively useless. What do you do after you eliminate the top-killer (or the below average people)? What costs and side-effects justify this process?

Lets only vaccinate the above average people (must meet both intelligence and physical appearance standards)
laugh.gif

Totally worth the 'cost'.

Have the disease ridden illegal aliens that flood our borders like the plague itself vaccinated? Proof that vaccines are effective? Truth about most anything these days is absent and most just believe anything they read with out enough knowledge on the subject to discern the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back