Helmet saves the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is one lucky S.O.B.. If That were me I would definitely ask to keep that helmet.

I hope they got the S.O.B. that took that shot at him. War ain't for wussie's...

I think the helmets of today are Kevlar-composite types. Reminds of my dad who late in life finally talked some of his WW2 combat In the New Guinea areas. He took 2 helmet hits-the first in a night banzai attack and he thinks it was one of our tommy gunners as a likely grazing low velocity .45 round clanged off and dented rather than penerated. Later a shot much as the video and a rifle round went thru the top of his steel helmet and cracked the liner, but just left him shook up a bit. He said he never thought he'd survive the war and get home-thus every day of his life thereafter was a bonus.

Anyone remember the scene from Saving Private Ryan where some soldier gets shot right in the helmet with a loud CLANK, and a buddy of his says "You lucky F*$%!" Then he's kind of dazed, takes off the helmet to see what happened to it, and then a sniper hits him in the head with the helmet off.

Originally Posted By: y_p_w
Anyone remember the scene from Saving Private Ryan where some soldier gets shot right in the helmet with a loud CLANK, and a buddy of his says "You lucky F*$%!" Then he's kind of dazed, takes off the helmet to see what happened to it, and then a sniper hits him in the head with the helmet off.
Yes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back