Back on the moon, LUNR did it, Stock price up after hours over 40%

First time a private company landed on the moon. NASA paid 111 Million to do the job.
Understandably the company that pulled it off is ecstatic and the stock price this evening is up 40% at 7:30PM Thursday. I can bet there are many happy employees over that too. But that can change in a second after the reaction wears off.
Incredible that we walked on the moon FIFTY YEARS ago before the computer age as we know it.

There is a video at this link.
https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/nasa-odysseus-moon-landing-intuitive-machines-scn/index.html

Last edited:
First time a private company landed on the moon. NASA paid 111 Million to do the job.
Understandably the company that pulled it off is ecstatic and the stock price this evening is up 40% at 7:30PM Thursday. I can bet there are many happy employees over that too. But that can change in a second after the reaction wears off.
Incredible that we walked on the moon FIFTY YEARS ago before the computer age as we know it.

There is a video at this link.
https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/nasa-odysseus-moon-landing-intuitive-machines-scn/index.html

This is super cool.

Know nothing about these guys.

How does the company make money doing this going forward?

I always use NVIDIA graphics cards when I build a PC or upgrade so it made sense.
Now that you said this I can say I have been aware of NVIDIA my whole life. Been computing since around 1995. Back then, changing our hard drives and mother boards was a fun thing.
That and follow the market, it was an always talked about company, ups and downs for a long time. Last few years though, computers to me are more like an appliance and I don know what happened, entered the Apple world and do nothing with hardware anymore. I also shy away from tech stocks, got very conservative as I am older now.
I do think even at current prices, if their outlook stays the same, there is much more upside. Not sure if or what I might do, hate being "late" to the game... but sometimes that is bad thinking, not investing in a company because they are doing so well and the price has jumped so much *LOL*
I was never a gamer but ALWAYS was in computer stores and held and read many graphics card boxes in hands looking around.

Now that you said this I can say I have been aware of NVIDIA my whole life. Been computing since around 1995. Back then, changing our hard drives and mother boards was a fun thing.
That and follow the market, it was an always talked about company, ups and downs for a long time. Last few years though, computers to me are more like an appliance and I don know what happened, entered the Apple world and do nothing with hardware anymore. I also shy away from tech stocks, got very conservative as I am older now.
I do think even at current prices, if their outlook stays the same, there is much more upside. Not sure if or what I might do, hate being "late" to the game... but sometimes that is bad thinking, not investing in a company because they are doing so well and the price has jumped so much *LOL*
I was never a gamer but ALWAYS was in computer stores and held and read many graphics card boxes in hands looking around.
I wouldn't buy it now. I'm just riding the wave long term. I also have Ford stock that I think my average buy-in was $1.98, but if you look at where I work, it is in my best interests to hope it keeps going.

On the news just now it sounds like the landing wasn't flawless.
You are correct, Its confirmed, it landed on its side or maybe better said tipped over on the landing.
Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 10.27.35 AM.jpg

Source = https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/23/world/odysseus-lunar-landing-sideways-scn/index.html

Lunr stock price will be in the toilet on Monday if the Friday after hours trading is an indication being down over 30%

Last edited:
Back