2013 Accord K24W1 DI - TGMO 0W20 SN - 10064 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: oily boyd
Nice report and comments from others.

Last year, I posted a 10,000 OCI report using Mobil 1 AFE 0W-20 (50,000 miles on car):
my 2013 Accord U of A

Our wear numbers and fuel dilution are almost identical! My TBN is a bit higher but maybe because I had a .5qt addition along the way?

Also, my car is a 6MT, so turning a few more RPM's than yours at highway speeds. Doesn't seem to impact wear numbers.

Looks like these engines like both TGMO and M1. BTW, am using the Filtech/Honda filter and change at every OCI.

Both UOAs look good - but oily, I'm more impressed by yours on M1. A Wisconsin winter is tougher than a So Cal summer IMO.

[/quote]
Both UOAs look good - but oily, I'm more impressed by yours on M1. A Wisconsin winter is tougher than a So Cal summer IMO. [/quote]

I appreciate but remember that I rarely "short trip". Hoping we see someone in the North w/ short trips plus DI - that will be interesting.

No port injection on Our Accords.

You might be thinking of Toyota/Lexus.

That explains why it looks like a typical DI UOA then, thanks.

Originally Posted By: badtlc

Not sure the EFI+DI will impact the UOA?

The EFI was to combat intake valve deposits IIRC.

It'll be interesting to see just what the UOA does look like once someone tests that setup. I searched for Scion FRZ (which is first one in US that I know of) but couldn't find one.

On that same note, Subaru supposedly opted out of Toyota's EFI+DI on the BRZ and have their own DI.

Sorry to OP for bringing your topic a bit off track.

Originally Posted By: badtlc

Not sure the EFI+DI will impact the UOA?

The EFI was to combat intake valve deposits IIRC.

No, it wasn't. The hybrid concept was developed to provide better low RPM/partial throttle and idle control. People on here have jumped to the conclusion that it will in addition help with intake valve deposits. Time will tell if it does.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Originally Posted By: dkryan
What is "LM MoS2?"

Its a product from lubromoly, a german company. Is powdered mos2 in a colloidal suspension. Sold by napa

And it is added to the oil for what purpose? Wear control?

Originally Posted By: windeye
What is "LM MoS2?"

Same question here. R u sure you are adding solid particles (black) of MoS2 to your oil? Moly in motor oil needs to be in organic compound.

It's a Moly additive.

I figured that out, Char.

My question is "why add it to the oil?" Using a low-moly oil and want more? It lowers the wear rate in the engine?

It's used in cars that require a more higher moly content in the oil?

I figured that out, Char.

My question is "why add it to the oil?" Using a low-moly oil and want more? It lowers the wear rate in the engine?

It's used in cars that require a more higher moly content in the oil?

smirk.gif
OOPS!

Compared to Mikeysoft's 2nd UOA on the same engine, your results look very good for the mileage. He does mostly short tripping and showed ~5x the iron at 15% MM @ 6600 miles.

Mikeysoft UOA #2

Nice job!

thanks k24a4, TGMO and MoS2 really do a stellar job at protecting my engine, just look at the metal ppm count!

I just don't know if I should push the oil to 12000mi per Blackstone's recommendation though.

Originally Posted By: Leonardo629
thanks k24a4, TGMO and MoS2 really do a stellar job at protecting my engine, just look at the metal ppm count!

I just don't know if I should push the oil to 12000mi per Blackstone's recommendation though.

Everyone is different, but if it were me I'd stick with 10,000 miles. Nice round number, and a better margin for error. But I should ask, how long are you planning to keep this Accord?

You have done an admirable job extending your oci thus far, and certainly seem to put the miles on quickly, so 12k might not be that much of a stretch.

Have time for a 50k review? Would be interested in how this gen is holding up.

Thanks for posting!
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back