PCV Valve grommet for 1994 Integra LS B18B1

Status
Not open for further replies.
is impossible to find. Nobody carries a grommet for these cars. Not Autozone, not AAP, not Pep Boys, not Rock Auto, not eBay, not Amazon.

Napa has two different part numbers available, PC1901 and PC1902, but they look different and I don't know which one I should use.

Did they try to match one up to the size of yours? If they are unable to.... you'll probably have to get one from the dealer.

It may be cheaper to buy the two different types from NAPA and see which one fits than going to the stealership to find one!

Originally Posted By: jk_636
It may be cheaper to buy the two different types from NAPA and see which one fits than going to the stealership to find one!

01.gif

Each Napa grommet is about $2, compared to $15 at the dealer.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
The part numbers I got were ATM PC2901 and ATM PC2902.

Yeah, I know that, and I even listed those part numbers in my OP
48.gif

The question is, which one is correct for this engine? They look different in the photos on Napa's site.

Originally Posted By: tommygunn
The question is, which one is correct for this engine? They look different in the photos on Napa's site.

Do you mean #2 in the diagram below?
13st701_e08.png

If so, then you need the smaller of the two you listed. The larger one is for the earlier PCV systems that took two different sizes of grommets plugged into the oil separator box.

@Tegger

That's the 96-up B18B.

The 94-95 OBD1 version on the engine doesn't have the PCV valve in the valve cover. It's mounted behind that.

And no, it would probably be more like #10, I think. The stock PCV is angled.

pcv1.jpg

Originally Posted By: tommygunn
The 94-95 OBD1 version on the engine doesn't have the PCV valve in the valve cover. It's mounted behind that....it would probably be more like #10, I think. The stock PCV is angled.

Try reading my post more carefully. It's clear that you've got things quite, quite backwards.

#10 is for the valve cover version you say you don't have and that I never said you did have.

The thing you've circled is the PCV valve (#8 in the diagram). The grommet the valve is stuck into is #4 in the diagram, not #10 or #2.

You'd better make sure you're looking up the correct part...

And, just a by-the-bye, that #4 is a real hoochy-goochy to replace. Do you really need to replace it?

Oh yeah I see it now, thank you so much for your help!

Well I wasn't THAT sure it needs to be replaced, but you usually replace the grommet when you replace the PCV valve. If it's that difficult though, then I'll just pass on it.

Oh how did I not see that whole section on the diagram with #4 on it before? Please accept my apology for not noticing it before!

Again, thank you for your help
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back