store brand motor oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oreillys synthetic is expensive, I think it's in the upper twenties whereas meijer synthetic is only 17 but is 16,49 this week and is on sale

Is that like the same as oreillys as the packaging looks alike.

Supertech is different and is slightly cheaper than meijer oil but is meijer synthetic better than a premium conventional because it's synthetic?

How does castrol edge formerly syntec compare to mobil 1? My meijer is having a castrol syntec sale for 22.99 and Walmart has mobil 1 on sale for 22.57!

How does this compare to meijer store brand synthetic oil at 16.47? All these synthetic oils are on sale, which one should I get? Or which one is better?

From overal past experience it's best to choose which one is best by the shape of the bottle.
Therefore it's obvious that none of these will work well in any internal combustion engine. That being the case you of course are left in a quandary as to what to use.

Sorry, we couldn't be of more help.

Look for the certification approvals on the bottle that are best suited to the vehicle, then look at price. All else is mktng fluff that persuades the masses to be brand loyal.

i think chevron supremem reigns supreme and is good and is priced like "store brand" oil at cosco for a case of 12 one quart bottles, but it's better than store brand or even premium conventional with a nice shot of "moly"
why is "moly" good? and what purpose does it serve? i saw a voe on meijer conventioned and it looked like bad oil, wheras chevron supreme seemed really good

but what about meijer synthetic since it's on sale this week!

Originally Posted By: engineer20
How does castrol edge formerly syntec compare to mobil 1? My meijer is having a castrol syntec sale for 22.99 and Walmart has mobil 1 on sale for 22.57!

How does this compare to meijer store brand synthetic oil at 16.47? All these synthetic oils are on sale, which one should I get? Or which one is better?

Depends of your engine, but Meijer's house brand would do just fine in my ecotec...

Happy with the Napa syn in it now......

any VOAs on meijer syntheetic (i saw one for its conventional and it looked like [censored], low amounts of additives and the wear metals were all 1 or
any VOAs on meijer synthetic (up to date) or on oreilly's synthetic or on autozone brand synthetic? thanks

Originally Posted By: jcwit
Originally Posted By: SirTanon
Originally Posted By: engineer20
ANd i care because i want the car to last a while and i heard synthetic makes your car last longer

Personally, I like to run pure rendered bacon grease in all my cars. Smooth running, and smells great!

..not to mention all the bacon I get to eat to make my next oil change. MmmmmM!!!!

I'm just asking, I heard the Bacon from Whole Food Market has better grease then bacon from Albertson's, I read it is closer to 10w/40 but I may need bacon grease closer to 5W/20 in the Michigan winter, do you think I can get this at WinCo or should I stay with bacon from Albertson's. Is name brand bacon better than local bacon as far as the bacon grease and what filter should I use? Someone told me the red can AKA the Devil Can is the best one to use for bacon grease but I heard you have to sell you soul to get it.

I believe Albertson's has tapped into the "BTL" pipeline similar to SOPUS.

I'll have to see some VOA's to confirm it though.

UOA's on the bacon would be a lot tougher.

how is meijer brand synthetic compared to o'reilly's brand synthetic? are they bad at cleaning due to a lack of additives and moly, or are they still better at cleaning than a premium conventional?

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Had some "True Value" oil that didn't pour in a thin, honey-like stream. Well, it did, but then transferred into a series of drops, unlike other oil I've had before or since. When I drained it, it did the same thing.

I like my oil to stick together.

Was that Master Mechanic Motor Oil?

I can't find anything on the PQIA website.

Here's the one, short BITOG thread that was easy to locate.

And you won't find too many threads on any other forums either, or references to it at all for that matter.

But it was pretty easy to find this msds (pdf), with a print date of 3/10/2010. As of that time, Master Mechanic Motor Oil was a product of Ashland, Inc., the parent company of Valvoline. This is not an endorsement, it's simply the result of my curiosity after seeing MM listed on the True Value website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back