HIGH MILEAGE OIL VS EVERYTHING ELSE...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... since Pennzoil HM and QS HM don't have the ILSAC GF-5 rating (as you say they don't), wouldn't that mean they probably have a more stout add-pack (zinc, phosphorus, etc.)?

This is just me thinking out loud... but if that is the case, I would think that PZ HM and QS HM would be better for older cars with high mileage (such as those that have OHV engines and others of the like with flat tappet design, if there are others)... and then use the other HM oils that do have the GF-5 rating for newer cars with high mileage.

But, I could be wrong.

Originally Posted By: Triton_330
So... since Pennzoil HM and QS HM don't have the ILSAC GF-5 rating (as you say they don't), wouldn't that mean they probably have a more stout add-pack (zinc, phosphorus, etc.)?

This is just me thinking out loud... but if that is the case, I would think that PZ HM and QS HM would be better for older cars with high mileage (such as those that have OHV engines and others of the like with flat tappet design, if there are others)... and then use the other HM oils that do have the GF-5 rating for newer cars with high mileage.

But, I could be wrong.

I would say that's a logical train of thought, but so many here swear by Maxlife. Who knows.
33.gif

I would have to say that by far the most popular oil on this board is Valvoline Maxlife High milage which is a synthetic blend. Is it marketing or is it a really good oil? It always seems to have great numbers when analyzed. I know my 2000 Honda Civicwith 150,000+ runs very quiet on it.

i use hm oils in a number of cars and have very high miles on each. I used hm in the 83 olds custom cruiser with the 307 5.0 litre engine and it lasted to 400,XXX miles engine still going strong when i got rid of it.

I have seen phm slow leaks down and slow oil burning and even stop the visible smoke ... Im a believer i won't use it in the winter its to thick in my book but in the summer i either mix 50/50 with the yellow bottle or use it strait on my high mileage vehicles. I also like the mobil and valvoline hm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back