replace BOOST with Metro PCS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
METRO PCS A T-MOBILE SUBSIDIARY, just put out a flyer that said 4 phone lines for $100, free phones after rebate (Nokia windows and Samsung ) anyway seems an interesting deal, can't find the flyer to see the fine print. I'm currently with Boost and $40 on a Kyocera / Sanyo but not super happy with phone or boost. Any thoughts?

we were just talking about phones tonight we want reliability but at low cost under $50.00 a month for unlimited nationwide talk,text pictures and web. I like at+t and do not want anything to do with verizon because when they were the only ones in town they did what they wanted and i refuse to do anything with them.
I have boost because i used to have nextel and they changed i also have at+t because they are reliable.

whats your usage?
whats sprint's service in your area?

Ting.com

and republic wireless

both offer very interesting service..

both use sprint's towers

ting will roam voice/text only on verizon if sprint is unavailable.

my ting bill is 46$ for 2 smart phones.
it is tiered and you pay for what you use.
my bill includes 2 phones, 500m,1000txt,1gb, taxes.

republic wireless offers unlimited voice/text for 10$
voice text 3g for 25$

voice text 4g for 40$

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
we were just talking about phones tonight we want reliability but at low cost under $50.00 a month for unlimited nationwide talk,text pictures and web. I like at+t and do not want anything to do with verizon because when they were the only ones in town they did what they wanted and i refuse to do anything with them.
I have boost because i used to have nextel and they changed i also have at+t because they are reliable.

Reliable varies widely by location.

Last edited:
Im sorta in this same boat, my contracts about up and im paying $150.00 a month now for two phones with (not completely unlimited service) I know im getting robbed by verizon..

I am paying $40.00 a month +tax for my at&t 800 minutes and text i get a State discount not sure how much though.. No contract it has been up for 4 years lol

im on meteo pcs. switched from verizon.big mistake. lots of dead spots,dropped calls etc. theres no signal from barstow ca to needles ca...150 miles.2 minutes worth of signal then dead till kingman another hr away.

Originally Posted By: Rand

ting will roam voice/text only on verizon if sprint is unavailable.

IMO, this is significant. Most of the third parties who use Sprint have no roaming, and Sprint's native coverage is really poor in many areas. If you subscribe to Sprint directly you may never notice this problem because for some years now they have had a roaming agreement with big red.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back