NAPA Synth 5w30-5500 miles - 02 Subaru Outback H6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: yvon_la
No!what i meant is ,so oil dipstick yellow part are weirdly made and can just sit on the edge of the tube without being fully in inserted position .if this happen and you dont push it it first to make sure it is where it should and added oil thinking it was low or clerk changing the oil made the mistake .it would read with too much oil .very easy mistake to do on some model that are made like a female part of the tube where dipstick is going.my dd15 is like that so i have to be carefull and make sure its fully in everytime since i aint the mechanic doing the oil thing .(2 week trip so i ll let the mechanic know to make sure he watchout for this)

This is why i always check the oil level twice when i do it. sometimes you can mess up and not get it seated correctly. if i get the same reading twice in a row, then i'm good. if one is different than the other, i keep trying until i get two in a row that appear to match.

i don't know what happend or what might be going on.

who knows. maybe i bought 7 quarts, got charged for 6, then miscounted to "six" 7 times in a row on one vehicle and misread the dipstick twice in a row, then miscounted to "seven" 6 times in a row on the other, and misread that dipstick as well.

i'll keep an eye on this OCI and report back.

suppose anything is possible

[
Originally Posted By: Clevy

Coolant or fuel would show up in the used oil analysis,and none is present.
I think its oxidation and the oil is absorbing and dispersing the soot and carbon particulate,which would expand total volume........
Just spitballing.

this is the most sensable theory i have heard yet. not sure where the PM would be coming from, but anything suspended in the oil would make the volume increase.

i'll have to think on this some more .... worth considering for sure. Thanks!

Ive owned 4 subarus and still own one..and i have seen the dipstick way over full many times. If you do a search you will see that you are not alone. "erratic oil level readings" "dealer overfilled my subaru"....and the list goes on.

Same here, my two Subaru's are hard to read. I usually check after it's sat overnight on very flat ground. Any slope at all and it will read off.

Originally Posted By: aigochamaloh
Same here, my two Subaru's are hard to read. I usually check after it's sat overnight on very flat ground. Any slope at all and it will read off.

This is what works for me. Check it after sitting over night in the same spot (garage) every time. No problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back