Is there any future museum cars driving now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SuzukiGoat
People are already dropping 3x blubook for suzuki samurais.

Yep, the Jimny is a classic that we can buy right now. It hasn't changed in years but will soon disappear. Simple and tiny, and a real 4x4 solid axle drivetrain.
316196799.jpg

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Ford GT
Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4

Really? Not the 300ZX?
smile.gif

^^Absolutely!!
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: eljefino
The weird 4 wheel drive civic wagons are getting cool, as are original CRXs. Fieros are getting up there, especially 1988s with the year-specific "good" suspension.

I dated a girl with a 4x4 wagon. It was a 5 speed. That thing would get through just about anything. It wasn't really powerful but it was light and could cross muddy bogs,deep snow without a single problem at all.
With decent rubber it was unstoppable.
If I could find one in decent shape I'd buy it for a winter vehicle for my girl.

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
Ford GT
Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4

Really? Not the 300ZX?
smile.gif

^^Absolutely!!
wink.gif

The ones from 1990-1996 may become treasured collectors items, but I am not so sure about the ones from 1984-1989. Seems like there are many still on our roads, and sold at a cheap price despite their age.

Perhaps I'm biased, because I own one. But I would add the first generation Honda Insight (the first hybrid brought to market in the US):

Honda-Insight-lg.jpg

All aluminum frame and body.

-Bryan

I think these 3 will be classic's.

1) Base model Ford Ranger 4cyl./5 speed. (to cool!)

2)Dodge Magnum R/T, SRT-8.

3) Late model Camaro, Mustang, Challenger.

You have to consider the general population has less interest in cars than us baby boomer's. Also, super low mileage, clean cars always draw SOME interest.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Kiwi_ME
Originally Posted By: SuzukiGoat
People are already dropping 3x blubook for suzuki samurais.

Yep, the Jimny is a classic that we can buy right now. It hasn't changed in years but will soon disappear. Simple and tiny, and a real 4x4 solid axle drivetrain.
316196799.jpg

Ive been contemplating driving a junked out suzuki into Canada, putting my plates on a jimny, and driving it back into the US.

best 4x4 made in the previous 15 years...and it didnt get released in this country!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back