Plug wires

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Dak finally needs them. The old ones (original) test out fine for resistance, but the insulation is worn & they're starting to arc. So...before I drop $92 at a dealer, who has GOOD ones? Ideally, not from China!

After re-reading your post, I realize I am too tired to be posting. Wires, not plugs. Since it won't let me delete my post, I would say NGK. But that is strictly opinion, I have no experience with them.

Ngk on rockauto.com

Denso works too.

Avoid "lifetime" wires at all cost. I was in a bind and got some, first were defective, second [censored] out in 200 miles, third set has 5k on them and seems to be doing well.

I always go japanese for ignition parts, japan, german, aussie, canadian, and US for everything else.

Last edited:
I put a set of Prestolite Pro-Connects from RockAuto on my Durango with the 5.2 early last year and I have had no issues with them. I believe prestolite makes the wires for some of the OEMs although I am not sure which one's. I notice RockAuto has some for your Dakota on Wholesaler Closeout.

Denso, NGK, Bosch, AC Delco, Delphi, Beru are all good. I have also used Autolite Professional and Duralast with no problems from either.
I used Duralast on a PITA Toyota that used waste spark and 3mm thin wires for 2 plugs, they break not matter what brand is in there.

The Duralast worked fine and looked well made, next plug change one broke as expected, i took them down with no receipt.
They asked for my tel#, said okay and handed me a new set no questions asked. I cant knock that.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Are they from China?

I am not sure. Check out their website. They indicate on their website they are the OEM for Ford, Chrysler, Honda, and Nissan. To me they appeared to be a quality product.

Prestolite

Autolite Professional wires from AAP. I put a set on my Dakota at my most recent tune up back in December. They are excellent quality, nice thick insulation on the wire itself and also on the boots. They seem to be better quality than the Belden wires that I had previously installed. Regular price was about $34.00 for the set but I used a discount code and at the time they had a $10.00 MIR so my final cost was about $11.00. It did not take very long to receive my rebate check, either. The Autolite wires were exactly the correct length and have been working fine so far. They are made here in the USA too.

Belden good as you need. Magnecores dont last. Beru is another good 'un. Cheap and dirty is giving your wires a treatment by rubbing silicone boot grease into the insulation.

Originally Posted By: andyd
Belden good as you need.

+1. I've used nothing but Belden for almost 20 years, and have never been disappointed with them. Lifetime warranty, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back