Nissan Altima race car commercial...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Full length version of the awful "Altima race car" TV commercials...

"On March 22, we found the dumbest people we could find and Altima race car. OMG Altima bro."

I'm sure the dumb people are actors, but really?

facepalm-picard-gif-i4.jpg

I think that if you put enough people in a /6 Valiant and drove it like you're not afraid of getting a ticket you could convince at least 1 in 5 they were riding in a race car.

Originally Posted By: yonyon
I think that if you put enough people in a /6 Valiant and drove it like you're not afraid of getting a ticket you could convince at least 1 in 5 they were riding in a race car.
01.gif

Kevin

I haven't been in a 3.5/CVT Altima but I bet it's still a fast car.. My 3.5/5MT Altima was the fastest car I've owned.. Straight line only mainly though
smile.gif
My SI would demolish it in the corners.

Originally Posted By: SLCraig
I haven't been in a 3.5/CVT Altima but I bet it's still a fast car.. My 3.5/5MT Altima was the fastest car I've owned.. Straight line only mainly though
smile.gif
My SI would demolish it in the corners.

Fast relative to other run of the mill mainstream sedans from a generation or two back, sure, but the whole notion of it being any kind of "race car" is laughable. If someone thinks an Altima is a race car, they are on a load of opiate pain killers.

The old 5-speed manual Maximas, from like the 1990s, were fun four doors for what they were (not race cars), but passing off a 2014 Altima as some kind of stock race car is just too much.

Seems fitting for the stoplight racers though..."OMG a dump truck is passing me because I was playing on my phone when the light turned green...activate Altima race car mode then slow down again!"

WHOO HOOO, listen to that CVT scream! All joking aside, while Im sure this car can get down...really nissan?

Last edited:
Dont you think just the sound alone would give it away that these were not race cars?

I wonder how these people would react if they rode on the same course in a Charger SRT8 (or even a Charger R/T),a Taurus SHO, or a BMW 335i.

Seems like a goofy commercial, but realistically, with some sticky tires, an Altima would probably be a good race with a E34 M5... And anyone without motorsport experience would be a little freaked out by someone cornering almost any car at 80mph at the limit. Probably more so in a car without race car suspension as it would be much more obvious with the car leaned over and getting a little squirrley.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl

Seems fitting for the stoplight racers though..."OMG a dump truck is passing me because I was playing on my phone when the light turned green...activate Altima race car mode then slow down again!"

LMAO!!!!
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
Seems like a goofy commercial, but realistically, with some sticky tires, an Altima would probably be a good race with a E34 M5... And anyone without motorsport experience would be a little freaked out by someone cornering almost any car at 80mph at the limit. Probably more so in a car without race car suspension as it would be much more obvious with the car leaned over and getting a little squirrley.

The E34 (1989-1995) M5 was 311HP (or 335 for post 1991 if you were on the other side of the pond) vs 270HP for the Altima, so it is down 40HP right out the gate to the 30 year old (hand built) BMW
grin.gif

The BMW does have a poorer 0-60 time (6.3s vs 6.1s) but that may be due to the CVT in the Nissan. Top speed of the E34 was limited to 155Mph (Euro version with the 335HP engine was limited to 177Mph), the Nissan is limited to 131Mph. Though you'd need a really long track for either of them to stretch their legs I'd imagine.

Both with good tires I think the M5 would smoke it. If we hinder the M5 with stock rubber? I dunno.

The Nissan does the 1/4 in 14.6 @ 100, which is a bit slower than the M5, which is apparently bottom 14's (14-flat, 14.1, 14.3...etc) at 100+. The Euro car of course was well into the 13's at 104+.

The M5 has a better skidpad score (0.9G vs 0.84G), but I'm sure it probably came with significantly better tires with a performance-bias vs econobox bias.

I guess my own bias is showing a bit, but I think with the same driver, both with good tires, the M5 is going to be a faster car. Even given its 30 year technology deficit
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: IndyIan

The E34 (1989-1995) M5 was 311HP (or 335 for post 1991 if you were on the other side of the pond) vs 270HP for the Altima, so it is down 40HP right out the gate to the 30 year old (hand built) BMW
grin.gif

The BMW does have a poorer 0-60 time (6.3s vs 6.1s) but that may be due to the CVT in the Nissan. Top speed of the E34 was limited to 155Mph (Euro version with the 335HP engine was limited to 177Mph), the Nissan is limited to 131Mph. Though you'd need a really long track for either of them to stretch their legs I'd imagine.

Both with good tires I think the M5 would smoke it. If we hinder the M5 with stock rubber? I dunno.

The Nissan does the 1/4 in 14.6 @ 100, which is a bit slower than the M5, which is apparently bottom 14's (14-flat, 14.1, 14.3...etc) at 100+. The Euro car of course was well into the 13's at 104+.

The M5 has a better skidpad score (0.9G vs 0.84G), but I'm sure it probably came with significantly better tires with a performance-bias vs econobox bias.

I guess my own bias is showing a bit, but I think with the same driver, both with good tires, the M5 is going to be a faster car. Even given its 30 year technology deficit
grin.gif

It kind of close though, I guess my point is that the 4 door family car Altima isn't that far off the best that BMW could make, albeit 20 years ago, even with goofy commercials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back