What Is A 73 Buick Electra 225 Worth 89,000 Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is a 4 door Buick electra 225 in good condition worth.
My neighbor wants to sell his it was his parents car that they bought brand new in 73.
It is all original on the exterior and interior. the trans was rebuilt by aamco with a lifetime warranty and he had things replaced over the years.
the a/c does not work (compressor). Its a 455 v8
It has been garaged since day one and the paint and top still look good. It gets like 7 mpg it is not fully loaded but its a nice car. He just bought a new BMW and need the garage space for that and his wifes Toyota.
Its not showroom but its still pretty nice.

Not a whole lot. Maybe $2,500 if it's really clean and it might take a while to get it. Any real rust and the number goes down. Fast.

whatever someone will pay him for it?

hard to answer without any pics

With a wild stab at a guess.. 5000-7000$ In very good condition.

3500$-4000$ in good

2500$ if it has rust, major defects, split interior seems etc.

Last edited:
Whatever he's willing to take for it. That smog-dog V8 should wake up with deleting the 1970's era emissions garbage. Fuel mileage should also go up.

Is it at least a decent color? Hopefully it's not doo-doo brown or that god awful green-gold color.

One way to look at how much it is worth is to find out how much an insurance company would pay out if someone they insured slammed into it and totaled it while it was parked.

And if you really like the vehicle you could insure it with Grundy auto insurance, because they will write a policy that calls for restoring the vehicle even in the the event of an accident that causes more damage then the vehicle is worth.

Not bad.

I'd ask 3 grand and be very happy to get 2. It's just not a desirable car. 4 doors, low compression engine, first year for the big ugly bumpers, not a highly optioned car and the a/c doesn't work. If it's spent all its life in NJ it probably has some rust somewhere. Not to mention that 89K miles on a 73 Buick is probably equivalent to double that on a late model car.

People think that just because a car is old, it is valuable. In this case, it's not. Hopefully your friend is reasonable.

If no one wants it you could sell it to someone who is into demolition derbys. A tank like that has a good chance of winning. And there are some people who would want the engine and trany for some project of their own.

Originally Posted By: pottymouth
Not bad.

I'd ask 3 grand and be very happy to get 2. It's just not a desirable car. 4 doors, low compression engine, first year for the big ugly bumpers, not a highly optioned car and the a/c doesn't work. If it's spent all its life in NJ it probably has some rust somewhere. Not to mention that 89K miles on a 73 Buick is probably equivalent to double that on a late model car.

People think that just because a car is old, it is valuable. In this case, it's not. Hopefully your friend is reasonable.

This. It depends on the area, but this is my guess for what you could get for it in my area.

Originally Posted By: Rand
whatever someone will pay him for it?

hard to answer without any pics

With a wild stab at a guess.. 5000-7000$ In very good condition.

3500$-4000$ in good

2500$ if it has rust, major defects, split interior seems etc.

Whoa, these price guesses seem way, way high to me. I see no way an undesireable 4-door like this would sell for those prices where I live. A better-looking earlier model perhaps, but not a bloated '73.

F6767.jpg

4zu9_0adjpfkbg0ulxl17_rmukcozjrl0300.jpg

Nice car. 4 door hard top. Too bad the smog equip castrated that engine. My father in law had 2 Electra 225's and a Wildcat back in the sixties. Those cars were fast.

My neighbor had one of those back in the day. I was 8 years old in 1973.

Nice riding car with power steering that you could steer with your pinky.

the 72 and older is more desirable. look for bumps under the tonau cover on the roof.especially around the windows.any bumps are rust which lowers its value dramatically.

the axle ratio is either 2.56 or 2.73. both suck for aceleration even with a castrated 455

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back