havoline and chevron?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok I have seen both these oils side by side and the jugs are exactly the same except the color, so my question is are these the same oil just packaged in different bottles? my walmart has the havoline for $13.50 or so a jug everyday. I know havoline use to be considered a great oil and im considering using it again. thanks for any responses

I don't know if they're the same formula. Looking at the recent voa on the PQIA site (chevron supreme) looks fine for an average 5k oci. It seems like the havoline would be similar. I have faith that either one would do great.

Havoline and Chevron are all my GXP has seen. Havoline is no longer available here. Chevron is a supporter of PQIA. I try to buy oils that support PQIA's efforts.

"Havoline" is just a label. The brand name is presently owned by Chevron, before that by ChevronTexaco, before that by Texaco and Texas Oil Co., before that by Indian Refining Company, before that by Havemeyer Oil Co. In 1946 it was something special due to an improvement in the technology then. Since then it has been good, but no better than many top brands.

I'd buy it if the price was equal or lower than any other top brand oil.

Originally Posted By: thunderfog
Anyone know where to get the Havoline 0w-20 synthetic yet?

Advance Auto has it on the website, but says "call store for availability", so probably not in stock yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back