Does your Meijer have ammo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone with Meijer, are you seeing much handgun ammo there? (if any?) My local Meijer store hasn't had any handgun ammo in stock in what seems like 18 months. The locked case which used to have 9mm, 40S&W, 45acp, 44 and 357mag (and all the rest...) is totally empty. You can still get shotgun shells there and from time to time they have some rifle ammo in the rifle ammo case but not much. I stop in Meijer once or twice a week and every time there's zero handgun ammo. A sign on the display case says something about "sorry but due to increased demand we are low on ammo" or something like that. I'm wondering if they have really just stopped carrying certain ammunition. I mean, if Walmart, ****'s, Dunham's, MC sports, Rural King, and all the gun stores in my area have ammo in stock why is Meijer cut off?
I did e-mail Meijer the other day and they got back to me within 3 hours. The reply gave me no information though, just that increased demand is making ammo harder to get. Um, yeah, I knew that but asked why they are not getting any in at all. I asked an employee back in the sporting goods area about it too and she said it has been quite a long time since any handgun ammo has been in. So, it's not just me missing it, it's not coming in at all. Anyone else experiencing this? Not really a big deal but I'm curious, maybe Meijer is phasing out ammo like they did guns.

Mine stopped putting handgun rounds in there long ago too, same story with longggun ammo available but that's it.

I frequently shop at Meijer and get good deals there with mperks and all the store coupons they spit out. You have to know when sales start and end and time things right to find stuff in Stock.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Mine stopped putting handgun rounds in there long ago too, same story with longggun ammo available but that's it.

I frequently shop at Meijer and get good deals there with mperks and all the store coupons they spit out. You have to know when sales start and end and time things right to find stuff in Stock.

I don't play games with retailers.

Yup, they have a 1/2 way decent selection now, the last few weeks. Been over a year since it has been this good here at the local Meijer's

Originally Posted By: 2cool
What is a Meijer?

Much the same as Walmart but I think they only have stores in Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, and Kentucky. I grew up in MI so Meijer was my go to store long before Walmart came to the area. Meijer sells some name brand stuff as well like Levi jeans, Nike shoes, etc. In the late 70's and 80's it was pretty much where my folks bought everything. Always got my school clothes and shoes there. Got my first BMX bike there too. On Sunday mornings my dad would take me there to get donuts from the bakery then we'd go browse the guns and ammo. Good memories!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back