K&N Air Filter on a WheelHorse 310-8 Pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 95busa
The whole K&N thing is overblown. I did UOA on an 05 Dodge Ram 4.7 with a K&N, and it had LOWER than average silicon in the sample. Not saying they are perfect by any means, but this O GOD THEY WILL KILL YOUR ENGINE! is ridiculous. Many people have many hundreds of thousands of miles on engines with K&N's on them. I liken this to the whole OCOD madness that seized BITOG for years.....save the drama

It depends a lot on the environment though. An engine in a car that is used mostly on paved roads will be much different than an off road vehicle, or a lawn mower that is constantly seeing dusty conditions. Will it cause any harm to his engine? Probably not, but K&Ns certainly aren't worth the price for the little gains they provide.

My father's K&N looked the same on his 3.0 Duratec when I cleaned it a few years ago. The airbox was the filthiest I've seen. I took a white paper towel swipe to the inside of his intake tube. It came back spotless.

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
Will it cause any harm to his engine? Probably not, but K&Ns certainly aren't worth the price for the little gains they provide.

Not going for extra gains.

Going for not having to order a new filter every year and less stuff in the landfill.

I'm planning on using it for the life of the tractor (or me).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back