Idiot of the Year (2009): Offroading in a Yaris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Doug and I pulled up to him and the first words out of Doug's mouth were "Is this thing a rental?"

The guys laughs sheepishly and says "Yeah, its a rental. Do you think my insurance is going to cover this? I never got the rental insurance and I'm worried my normal insurance wont cover this damage."

Toyota%20Yaris%204x4%201.JPG

I was looking for something yaris related and found this: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=517309

He is lucky that the airbag didn't go off.

I wouldn't report it, just make a list of needed stuff and order it all off of Rockauto.

It is just bumper covers and panels. Go to a scrap yard even.

Doesn't look unfixable if you have the parts.

The rental nor his personal insurance will cover it. There's always a clause that covers off-roading, towing, etc. Basically, if you are doing anything other than driving it on a public road, you are screwed.

Originally Posted By: expat
Report it stolen!

I think he'd be better off just paying to get it fixed. Insurance fraud and filing a false police report will get him jail time.

rentalneon.jpg

When I rented this neon in nevada I asked about dirt roads. They said if it was on a map it was okay with them.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: eljefino
rentalneon.jpg

When I rented this neon in nevada I asked about dirt roads. They said if it was on a map it was okay with them.
lol.gif

Lol they didn't say which map! Pretty much any road will be on some map somewhere...

Back in the mid-90's, I had Sebring Convertible out on a logging road, in the mountains north of Tucson (Mt. Lemmon).

After a rock scraped across the underside of the car, it had a slight gas leak. Took it back to the airport, and told them that I'd hit an alligator (retread) out on the interstate, that I couldn't swerve to avoid.

They said "OK", and gave me a different car. That was the end of it.

However, this guy has got some heavy duty explaining to do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back